+ A Prayer Predicament +

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

How is your prayer life lately? Admittedly, I have been in a “prayer predicament” recently. I haven’t been praying like I usually do. It’s been really hard to connect with God. Why? My pastor said it perfectly: Prayer is depending on God and prayerlessness is depending on ourselves. I haven’t been depending on God to handle all the details of my life and others’ lives. Instead, I’ve tried to handle my life on my own and worried about the circumstances of my friends, family, and myself.

Life can be overwhelming sometimes, especially when we think we have to be in control of everything that happens. As a wise professor pointed out to me, when you’re overwhelmed it’s because you’re trying to do someone else’s job. I realized that my being overwhelmed with life was my trying to do God’s job of handling all the details.

Are you overwhelmed? Whose job are you trying to do?

In times like these, our challenge is to draw close to God. When we don’t draw close to God, our prayer life begins to suffer and so does our attitude.

So how do we draw close to God? It’s real simple: Spend time with Him. You might be thinking, Kristen, that’s a great idea in theory but where will I find more time to spend with God? Okay, so we’re all super busy and nobody really wants to hear this answer, but the truth is that we make time for what’s important to us. If Jesus were your boyfriend, you’d spend time with Him, right?

Life just goes better when you spend time with God every day through prayer and reading the Bible. I promise you, if you make time for God, He will help you get everything done and He will give you a new perspective on life!

Colossians 4:2, “Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving.” (NASB)

With love,

Kristen

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits