+ Discipline? Yuck! +

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

I don’t know about you, but I have to tell you that even the mention of the word discipline makes me want to turn and run! Discipline is painful because it means denying yourself of what you want for a time – a.k.a. delayed gratification. Other times, discipline means denying yourself of what you want forever – a permanent sacrifice. Talk about painful!

So what’s the point of discipline? Hebrews 12 says, “…God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in His holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it” (Hebrews 12:10b-11, NIV).

God disciplines us to make us more like Him. In my life, God has asked me to give up different things in order to become more like Him. For instance, I used to watch soap operas. However, God showed me He wanted me to give them up because they were causing my mind to go places it didn’t belong.

Is there something God is asking you to give up? If so, what are you waiting for? It’s not easy, but it’s worth it. But if you don’t allow God to have whatever it is, you will never know the even greater gift He would have given you in exchange for it. You just might find that sometimes God will even give it back to you once you give it to Him -

“I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess.” – Martin Luther

But don’t make your decision expecting God to give you back what you gave Him. That’s not total surrender. God wants us to give everything completely over to Him and trust Him with whatever happens. He will give us only His best…if we let Him. God’s discipline is painful but what comes from it is beautiful!

Love ya,
Kristen

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits