"New Creation"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Bradelyn Levi

2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone and the new has come!” (NIV)

Growing up, church was a place my family only went on Sunday mornings. When my parents divorced, my mom continued this pattern but my dad did not, leaving me confused about God and the part He played in my life. Over time, we all stopped going to church and I came to believe that I did not need God. I wanted to live my life how I wanted and did not care what anyone had to say about it, especially God. I knew there was something missing in my life, but thought I could fill it on my own. I went to parties, drank, and smoked cigarettes. I even got caught a couple times, but nothing seemed to make me realize that I was incomplete. During my senior year of high school, I realized something needed to change. In February of that year, I began a relationship with Christ.

God allowed my best friend to be His instrument for changing my life one Wednesday night when she asked me to spend the night. She forgot to tell me part of the deal was that I had to go to church with her. Looking back I’m so glad I went. I slowly became interested in God. I went on the Winter Ski Retreat with her church. That trip changed my life forever. I remember sitting in the worship service the last night of the trip and finally understanding that God did not want to punish me for all of the “bad” things I had done. He loved me, died for me, and wanted a personal relationship with me. Since I began a relationship with Christ on that trip, nothing has been the same.

I always thought I had to clean up my act before God would want anything to do with me, but it’s actually the exact opposite. He wants us to put our faith in Him and then He cleans us up and makes us new. When we accept Christ as our Savior, He changes us from the inside out. We go from being sinful and broken to a new creation that is pure and beautiful. The life that we lived before Christ, no matter how sinful or messed up, is gone the moment we ask Him to be our Savior. The old person is gone. God no longer sees our sin, but sees the new creation that He is making us.

This does not mean we are going to wake up the next morning and never sin again. However, it does mean that God begins to change our hearts and the sinful nature we once had is replaced with the precious love of Christ who died so that we are no longer doomed by our sin.

I did not become perfect once I accepted Christ and I am still not perfect, but I no longer do the things that I once did. Jesus has changed my heart from something that was broken to something that belongs to Him.

The same goes for you. If you have accepted Christ, you are His and He has made you a new creation. Stand strong and rest assured that you are loved by a God that loves you no matter how dark your past is or what you have done because He has made you new!

My Prayer for Today:

Jesus, thank You so much that You loved us enough to die on the cross so that we may have a relationship with You. Thank You that when we accept You and Your love into our lives, You do the rest. We pray that you will help us remember that the past is gone and that You have made us new! Thank You for Your unfailing love! In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Related Resources:

A Young Woman’s Walk with God, by Elizabeth George

Making It Real: Whose Faith Is It Anyway?, by T. Suzanne Eller

Think About It:

Do you know Jesus? If not, you can today! Learn more about Him here.

If you do know Him, what was your life like before you were a Christian?

Have you let go of who you were before Christ?

Live It:

Most people come to know Christ because someone shared their story with them. Write down a few sentences about your life before and after you became a Christian and pray for the Lord to show you someone you can share it with.

Power Verses:

Ephesians 2:8, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.” (NIV)

Psalm 18:19, “He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because He delighted in me.” (NIV)

© 2009 by Bradelyn Levi. All rights reserved.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits