+ Old Faithful +

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

What do you do when the going gets tough? As for me, I’m not a quitter. I don’t give up easily. But, that doesn’t mean I always have a great attitude in tough times…Just ask those around me. I’m moody and you’ll see a different side of me depending on the time of day you catch me – angry, sad, happy, discouraged, or hopeful.

I’m kind of like Old Faithful, the natural geyser in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming. You’ll see a different aspect of it depending on the time of day. (To see what it’s doing right now, click on this link.) That’s how Old Faithful and I are similar. But that’s about the only way we’re similar.

Do you know why this geyser is called Old Faithful? It’s because it erupts regularly, between every 50 to 95 minutes 24/7. Because of this, we might also compare it to God’s faithfulness.

I am sooo glad that God isn’t like me – moody and constantly changing. Instead, He’s our faithful and steady God. Numbers 23:19 says, “God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?” (NIV)

God is our “Old Faithful,” the One who will never leave our side or fail us, who keeps His promises, loves us and is faithful to us no matter what. 2 Timothy 2:13 says that even “if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself” (2 Timothy 2:13, NASB).

How have you seen God’s faithfulness in your life? “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.” (Hebrews 10:23, NIV) No matter what you’re going through in your life, remember God’s faithfulness and hold on to Him! He’ll never let go of you. Thank Him for His faithfulness.

~Kristen

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits