+ Enough Love to Go Around +

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. Who’s excited?!? As girls, we love love, right? What is it about love that so enthralls us? It’s exciting…passionate…deep and intimate. It gives us a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. It brings us hope and captivates us by all the possibilities the future holds.


Romantic love is what we all dream of. We want to be in love, to find someone who will love us with total abandon, passionately and deeply. We love Valentine’s Day for these reasons…except when we think of spending it alone, without anyone special. Maybe this isn’t you, but if so, I identify.


I’d be dishonest if I said I’m ecstatic that tomorrow’s V Day, mainly because I don’t have that special someone in my life yet. But who said V Day has to be about romantic love?


In the last few years, I’ve done something slightly different for V Day. Instead of focusing on myself and my love life (or lack thereof), I’ve turned the focus to others by finding ways to remind them of God’s love for them (and my love for them too). I’ve made homemade valentines with Scriptures on them. And for my close girl friends, I’ve bought each of them a rose and attached a hand-written card with a special Scripture on it. I’ve even given anonymous gifts to others I know could use some encouragement.


Why stop at Valentine’s Day? Sharing God’s love is something we can do any time of year. When we love on others by sharing God’s love, we find that God loves on us too! It truly is more blessed to give than to receive because not only do we get to make someone else’s day, we also are blessed. God shows us that HE is the “someone special” who gives us the love we’ve always dreamed of.


How will you spend your V Day? How can you encourage your friends and remind them of God’s love for them? What are some Scriptures you can share with them? Here are some of my favorites…


"I am God, your personal God...your Savior.
I paid a huge price for you...
That's how much you mean to me!
That's how much I love you!" - Isaiah 43:3-4 (Message)


"I have loved you...with an everlasting love.
With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself." - Jeremiah 31:3 (NLT)



"All beautiful you are, my darling;
there is no flaw in you." - Song of Solomon 4:7 (NIV)


"May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully." - Ephesians 3:19a (NLT)


"God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." - Romans 5:5b (NIV)


Have an awesome V Day, and remember God’s love incredible love for you!!!


God loves you and we do too!

Kristen

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits