+ Show Me the Right Path +

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

We’ve all heard the saying that life is a journey. Along the journey we will encounter many forks in the road, which are the choices we must make. With each fork in the road, we have to decide which path we will take.

One of my favorite poems is “The Road Not Taken” by Robert Frost:


Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


I love this poem because it reminds me of my relationship with God. Being a Christian is sometimes hard just as the Bible tells us (John 15:19, John 16:33). However, despite this we always have God with us. He’s behind us encouraging us, beside us helping us (and sometimes carrying us), and in front of us guiding us. He’s all around us.

When we come to a fork in the road of our lives and have to decide which path to take, He doesn’t leave us there to figure it out for ourselves. He is our faithful friend and guide who will lead us if we let Him.


“God always gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.” – Jim Elliot

If we ever find ourselves on the wrong path, God will cut a path through the woods to get us back to the right path. However, the journey is much easier when we allow God to lead us from the very beginning.

What choices are you being faced with now? Take some time to ask God what your decision should be in each of those choices. Then, listen for His answer and be willing to follow what He tells you.


Psalm 25:4-5, “Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.” (NLT)


Blessings on your journey,
Kristen

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Barb Miller said...

I really liked your post and especially agree with your point of view about choices. Every moment and every life is a matter of choices. God wants us to remain close to Him and remain open to His guidance and His nudging. He is a gentleman and respects our choices and always allows for us to begin again. His forgiveness, His love, and His compassion doesn't leave us.

Last year I had a tremendously moving spiritual experience and God's words were so moving to My heart. I captured the experience in a book which has just been published and released. Check it out. I always love to hear what other believers think.

Here's my link: http://www.eloquentbooks.com/MightyInspirationLoveLettersFromGod.html

Blessings,
Barbara Miller

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits