"Something Worth Seeking"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Elizabeth R. Williams

Jeremiah 29:13-14, “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you...” (NIV)


Have you ever lost something that you had to find immediately? I tend to lose things at the most inopportune times. Several years ago, I was getting ready to go on a family trip for my mom’s 50th birthday that required me to use my passport. The day before we were supposed to leave, I realized I couldn’t find my passport anywhere. To make matters even worse, I wasn’t sure if it was at home with my parents or in my apartment at college.

Desperate to find my long lost passport, I searched tirelessly for this small, but tremendously important document. I tore my room apart, went through every drawer, nook, and cranny I could think of in my room. At the same time, I had my sweet younger sister do the same at our home in Virginia Beach. I literally put my whole life on hold and went on a relentless pursuit to find the key to my family getaway. After many hours and countless prayers, I finally found it! It was tucked in the bottom of my desk drawer inside a box where I keep my extra checks. I have no idea why I thought putting it there was a good idea, but I now keep it in the same place so that I always know right where to find it.

When we lose things that we desperately need, we stop at nothing to find them. In today’s verse, it tells us that we will find God when we seek him with “all of our heart.” The way that I sought after my passport is the way that we should be seeking after God daily, stopping at nothing until we find Him.

As young women, it is so easy to go through life and miss what it truly means to love the Lord. Many times I find myself seeking after everything but the Lord. My heart is too busy seeking after things like my job, my friends, my husband, and my future, that I neglect to seek the Lord. How I long to be a young woman who seeks God with all of her heart!

The wonderful promise that comes with today’s verse is that when we’re truly seeking God with all of our hearts, we will find Him. There’s a worship song that daily ministers to my heart that says, “the more I seek you, the more I find you; the more I find you, the more I love you.”

Today, may we pray for hearts that are fully devoted to seeking the Lord. Let’s fervently seek after Him and stop at nothing until we find Him. He will be found!

Prayer:

Lord, with all my heart, I want to know You. I’m so sorry that there are times when other things take the place of seeking You. Help me to make seeking You daily a priority, because I know that it is in seeking You that I will find You. Lord, I want to be a young woman who seeks after You with all of my heart. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Related Resources:

Do You Know Him?

Want More Love? by Kathy Wierenga Buchanan

Think About It:

What does it mean to seek God with all of your heart?

What are some things in your life that keep you from seeking God with all of your heart? What is one thing you can do to begin seeking God daily?

Live It:

Make a list of the top priorities in your life. After reviewing your list, pray that God will help you prioritize so that He will be number one.

Pray today for a heart that longs to seek God.

Power Verses:

1 Chronicles 22:19, “Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the Lord your God…” (NIV)

Psalm 105:4, “Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.” (NIV)

© 2009 by Elizabeth R. Williams. All rights reserved.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits