"The Split Screen"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



By: Lynn Cowell

Proverbs 4:25, “Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.” (NIV)


1,2,3 BEEP! The Mario Kart game sounded off. “Hey, I didn’t turn my wheel that way. Why is this wheel not working?” Frustrated and confused, I needed someone to help me figure this game out! “Are you looking at the right screen? You’re the character on the bottom one!” Looking at the right screen sure made a difference! No wonder the turns I made and speed ups I tried didn’t make any sense. Just when I figured out which character I was and what screen I needed to be looking at, a sign dropped down on my screen. It was a giant U-turn. I had gotten my character completely turned around and was actually heading in the wrong direction! For a “newbie” like me, this was hard!

Sometimes, our lives can be like that – frustrating, confusing, and difficult. We are turning what seems to be “the right way.” We are pushing all the right buttons to push us forward, but something seems to be desperately wrong. All the things we are doing don’t seem to be working and we find ourselves going in the wrong direction.

Take a look at David’s solution. “But my eyes are fixed on you…” (Psalm 141:8, NIV).. The Lord is his focus. The Lord is the one he is making his purpose to please, get to know, love, and live for.

Are your eyes fixed on the Lord? Being focused is not easy! Life is constantly full of distractions. But the Lord says, “Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you,” not on the cute guy sitting next to you in Math class that you’re texting. Not on the get together you are putting together for this weekend. Not on the great ideas you are planning for your future.

Jesus understands that it’s hard; ask Him to help you! He hopes and expects that you will call out to Him. That is exactly why He said He would never leave you or forsake you!

Prayer:

Dear Lord, Sometimes I not only feel like my life is a split screen; sometimes, with everything and everyone wanting my attention, it feels like I have a split personality! I need You! I need You to help me be your girl and to keep my gaze right on You. Thank You because I know You’re going to help me! In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Related Resources:

For Such a Time as This, by Lisa Ryan

Authentic Beauty: The Making of a Set-Apart Young Woman, by Leslie Ludy

Think About It:

Do you ever feel like you are spinning in life, turning your attention from one thing to another? How does that affect you?

Do you have a friend that can point out to you when you are distracted from your faith?

Live It:

Today, write down the top three things in your life that try to get all of your attention. Give these things to the Lord and ask Him to be Lord over them.

Write out the verse listed at the top of the devotion and put it on your bathroom mirror to remind you before you start your day to fix your eyes on Jesus.

Power Verses:

Hebrews 12:2, “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith…” (NIV)

John 14:6, “Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (NIV)


© 2009 by Lynn Cowell. All rights reserved.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits