"Name That Tune"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Lynn Cowell

Proverbs 14:12, “There is a way which seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.” (NKJV)


My kids love to show me crazy You Tube videos. One of their favorites this past Christmas was of a guy singing "Oh Holy Night." It made me sad to hear them laughing so hard at this beautiful song that was being destroyed, but at the same time I couldn't help but think, "Surely this guy knows how off tune he is!" Apparently not.

Last week, my 17-year old son was jamming on his guitar. He stopped, looked at me funny, messed around with his strings and played again. "That is so weird" was his comment. "I could have sworn I was playing that cord right. It sounded pretty good, but as soon as I tuned one of the strings I discovered the whole cord really was off."

Sounds a lot like life. Things may look right; maybe even sound pretty good. But if we take the time to tune it up, using God’s Word as our tuner, we often find that we are in fact off a bit.

The Bible tells us His word is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path (Psalm 119:105). Not the advice of a good friend or family member, not the info on someone’s Facebook, not the current issue of your favorite magazine. His Word is the true pitch that we need to tune our lives to.

Prayer:

Lord, I have to admit most times when I try to figure out what is right and what isn’t, I tend to look to every place but You. Please help me learn to come to You and seek out what You have said in Your Word as my first source and not as a last resort. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Related Resources:

Visit Lynn’s blog:
www.HeIsCrazy4U.blogspot.com

Biblezine 2009: The Complete New Testament for Girls (Ages 13-19)

Think About It:

When you have a quick decision to make, what is the first source you go to for help?

When was the last time you gave your life an overview, took a look at the way you spend your time, the words you use, and the friends you have? Take a few minutes to ask the Lord in which areas you need a tune-up.

Live It:

Ask a close friend who loves Jesus or one of your parents if they see any area of your life that needs tuning. If they have one, ask them to pray for you as you pursue Jesus in this area.

Find a Bible verse or two that you can learn to help you keep a troubled area of your life in tune.

Power Verses:

Proverbs 2:3-5, “and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.” (NIV)

Psalm 119:11, “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.” (NIV)

© 2009 by Lynn Cowell. All rights reserved.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits