"Rejoice and Mourn"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

By: Angela Parsley


Romans 12:15, “Rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn.” (NIV)

How easy it is to rejoice with someone who is going through a good thing, like if someone receives a special reward, receives Christ as his or her Savior, or gets baptized. These are pretty easy things to rejoice about. Mourning with someone who has lost a loved one or has been hurt in some way is not that hard either. But what if someone falls into making some bad choices or decisions? How do you respond then? Do you ostracize that person? Do you point fingers and talk? If a person falls we should mourn and pray for them. We should love them still and help them back to the path that leads to life.

The Bible says that we [all believers] are one body, the body of Christ. 1 Corinthians 12 tells us when one part of it suffers all the rest of it does; we are all one in Him. We are not lone rangers. We are to love one another deeply and pray for one another as explained in 1 Peter 4:8. We are also told to encourage one another daily, as explained in Hebrews 3:13. Are you doing that in your walk?

I was a believer in my late teenage years but I got caught up with some bad friends. I was not at all a reflection of Christ or a good example. Instead I followed their ways. If someone was not there to love me out of it I probably would have kept going the wrong way, causing me to miss the life Christ had in store for me. Because of my experience I have learned to help others in need instead of condemning them. You never know what a difference you could make in someone else’s life.

The Bible also tells us that Jesus was full of grace and truth in John 1:14. Are you living in grace and truth? It is a fine balance. Dear precious one, this is my prayer for you that you will be a young woman full of grace and truth. May we be a bright example of Christ to this dying world.

Prayer:

Father, I love You so much. Thank You for saving me. Help me to be an encourager to others in need. Help me to rejoice with others and mourn with others. Help me be a healthy part of the body of Christ. Lead me to the people You want me to influence. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Related Resources:

Teen People of the Bible, by Daniel Darling

The One Year Devos for Teens, by Susie Shellenberger

Live It:


Start by prayer walking your school. Ask God to point others out to you the He would like you to influence.

God has great plans in store for your life. The best time to start serving Him is now. Come up with a project that could be done to help celebrate someone’s accomplishments or bake a cake or meal for someone who is mourning.

Start a group of encouragers whose purpose is to just say kind things to others in the hallways. See what happens.

Tell Us About It:

Who is in your circle of influence that you could sway toward Christ?

Do you truly mourn with others who have fallen into the traps of the enemy?


Power Verses:

1 Peter 4:8, “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.” (NIV)

Hebrews 3:13, “But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.” (NIV)

© 2009 by Angela Parsley. All rights reserved.

Labels: , , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always look forward to getting these in my inbox everyday! God bless everyone who puts these amazing devotions together!!!

-Shelby S.

Anonymous Katie said...

Here's my comment:

I don't know if I mourn the people who have "fallen". But I pray for them constantly and I try to get them going to church or youth group or Younglife or something... I try to encourage them to come back to God... And I try to remain nice to them and open to listen.

So that's what I think... I hope it helps or something... :D

SMILE!!!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to see your friends fall away from the Lord and to know what to do. I have mourned the loss of many friends who have wandered from the truth, but we can't stop praying. By going to God, praying for our friends, and loving them no matter what, they might be able to taste a glimpse of Christ in us, and long for more...

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits