Best Ever Banana Bread

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

Hey Gals!

Confession… I’m not a teenager anymore. Actually, I’m the mother of a teenager so that probably makes me OLD in your book. But, I have been cooking and crafting since I was about 12 years old. I remember going into the freezer after school and looking for something to make for dinner for my parents. Seriously… y’all do not want to know about some the disastrous experiments I came up with! (The dog wouldn’t even eat some of them!) But, I did have fun and I learned to cook through trial and error. I love passing along great recipes, kitchen shortcuts, and crafty ideas. I hope you enjoy them! (Hey…if you want to pass along a recipe or craft idea, I’d love to hear from you!)

First and foremost… everyone needs a great banana bread recipe! I have tried lots of recipes and this is the absolute best I have ever had. It’s sooooo moist! It’s great for breakfast, after-school snack, dessert, youth group treat, potlucks, and, well…it’s just plain great anytime!


This is also a good idea if you’re looking for something special to make your dad – or someone who’s like a father to you – for Father’s Day! (Remember, Father's Day is this Sunday, June 21.)



Best Ever Banana Bread

1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
½ cup sour cream
1 cup mashed bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350º. Butter a 9x5-inch loaf pan.

In a small bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda and set aside.

In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and the sugar. Add the eggs and blend well. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add the sour cream, bananas, and vanilla extract and stir until thoroughly blended. Stir in the nuts. Spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan.

Bake for one hour. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and continue to cool on rack before slicing.

(Variation: Add 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips and leave out the walnuts.)

Enjoy!
LeAnn

LeAnn Rice
Executive Director of Proverbs 31 Ministries

If you would like to submit a recipe or craft idea, please send it to us at radrevolution@proverbs31.org.


Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits