* Hot Pink Shoes *

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

Picture this: tall, patent leather hot pink wedges with a peep toe. These were the ideal shoes to wear because, you see, my flawlessly pedicured toes were painted the same bright color! These shoes were the complete fashion statement for me, not to mention they matched my outfit perfectly.

I chose to wear them for a really big event I was attending. I knew there would be a lot of walking and had been told to wear comfortable walking shoes. But how could I sensibly sacrifice style for comfort? Pretty shoes versus smart shoes? It was a no-brainer, right? Wrong! I paid for my choice with every painful step I took as my raw skin was irritated into a state of shock. Besides the mega blisters, my aching feet suffered mercilessly for days to come. I started to ask myself, what on earth I was thinking? I had knowingly made this choice and now suffered consequences for it.


I began to realize that there have been many times throughout my life where I had ignored warnings and made poor choices resulting in extremely painful emotional and physical consequences. Come to think about it, even Eve fell prey to the attractive, enticing apple although she knew God had forbidden her to eat it. She couldn’t resist it and like those pink shoes, I couldn’t resist wearing them – foolish as it was. I had to learn my lesson the hard way. Have you ever been there? Don’t want to go back, do you? Me either! Let’s see what God’s Word says to help us avoid repeating the same foolish situations!

Proverbs is a great book for increasing wisdom and gaining a heart of understanding. Over and over it stresses the importance of heeding wise advice. Proverbs 1:4 says, “These proverbs will give insights to the simple, knowledge and discernment to the young” (NLT). It is wise to listen to and obey what God’s Word says. I love the way Proverbs reminds us about the benefits of godly wisdom. We are told to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and not to lean on our own understanding. In all our ways we are to acknowledge Him, and He will direct our paths (Proverbs 3:5, NLT).

In order to avoid making foolish choices, we need to turn to wise advice. In the matter of my irresistible shoes – I refused to listen to the warnings of the wise. As a result, my experience left me in pain. In the matters of the heart – when we refuse to listen to the warnings in God’s Word, we will encounter painful consequences. We hear it repeated throughout Proverbs, “Get wisdom; develop good judgment” (Proverbs 4:5, NLT). When it comes to the moments in our lives where we need direction, where do we get our guidance? Who do we listen to?

Our Heavenly Father desires to see us take full advantage of seeking His wisdom. He pleads with us to listen and do what He says. There are many benefits from following His plan and not our own. The next time you are tempted to throw caution to the wind and do things your own way – think twice! Proverbs 4: 25-27 states: “Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don’t get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil“ (NLT).

In order to benefit the most and experience God’s blessings in your life, I challenge you to read a Proverb a day! There are 31 chapters in the book of Proverbs. There are usually 30 to 31 days in a month. Why not see if you can read a chapter a day? Start now. You have nothing to lose and a whole lot of wisdom to gain. I encourage you to do what Proverbs 2:2-4 says, “Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. Search for them as you would for silver, seek them like hidden treasures” (NLT).

~Amy Pucillo





Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Right on, lady P! So proud of you for well, being you, and using your God-given gift of teaching with so many! Love you--
your bff alsf

Anonymous Stefani said...

Thanks for reminding us where to turn for TRUE wisdom! You are the best!
Stef

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits