* The Makeover *

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

Before / After



Proverbs 31:30, “Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.” (ESV)

Have you ever had a makeover? My experience was totally worth it…


“We’re ready!” Mom smiles.


“Ooh!” I follow Mom into the sandy-colored, tiled bathroom where our guest is waiting.


Our guest, Cynthia, croons to Mom, “Now you go and rest, sweetie-pie.” Mom opens her mouth to protest, but sighs; she does need rest.


I turn to Miss Cynthia. “I’m extra glad you came! I do need a makeover for my author photo.”


“No problem, girlfriend! Now, I need to blow dry your hair into the right shape.” She fingers my hair, long dry since my morning shower. “It has to be wet first.”


She takes the shower head and wets my hair only. Armed with a hair dryer, she works wonders on my hair. Layer by layer, against gravity – until it’s time for the curling iron.


“Do you want sausage curls, or waves?”


A million imaginations emerge before I decide. “Waves, please.”


“Alright,” She wraps a strand of hair around the curling iron. A wisp of steam rises. She unwinds the strand. I smile; it looks good.


She continues curling strands of hair here and there. Conversation bounces around until the final touch: hairspray.


1 Corinthians 11:15a, “But if a woman has long hair, it is her glory?” (ESV)


At last my hair is done! I stare at the mirror. Could that be me?


Our guest laughs and beams bigger as she pulls some powders out of her cosmetics bag.


“Green is the color that counteracts red best. But I didn’t bring that. The next best is yellow.” She dusts the yellow cover stick on my face. Gently, she uses her finger to ”tap” foundation under my eyes; a fluffy makeup brush blends the mixture smoothly. Mascara and eyebrow definition are added. “Hmmm . . .” she stands back and surveys me as I pose for her.


“Some water would help.” Her nimble fingers dab a few drops of water and mix it gently with the foundation. “There; that looks much more natural.”


I grin at myself in the mirror and am astonished at the reflection smiling back at me.


“Like it?” Cynthia asks. I can only answer with a huge hug.


Here are some “must haves” for your makeover:

  • Curling iron
  • Hair dryer
  • Hairspray
  • Eyebrow definer
  • Green (or yellow) cover stick
  • Foundation
  • Makeup brush
  • Mascara
  • A fun and stylish outfit
  • And of course…A fabulous makeover artist like Miss Cynthia! (or your best friend!)


If you’re missing something off the list, don’t worry: only the hair dryer was my own. The rest of the materials were borrowed! If you need any makeup, hair products or clothes, just borrow them from a friend.


A makeover might be used for school photos, cotillion balls (formal balls), or perhaps just for fun! So grab a friend, borrow her stuff, and have a makeover! Oh, and make sure to take a before and after picture so you can see the difference in your gorgeous self!


Most importantly, remember God made you the way you are and –
1 Peter 3:4,“…let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.” (ESV)


~Esther Grace

Labels:



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Esther Grace - that was really good! It's cool that you've got to write for this blog for the second time!! (And you really looked good after your makeover...) Maybe you should think about creating your own blog sometime.

~Madeline

Anonymous Lindsey said...

You look so different! I've never had a real makeover.

-Lindsey

Anonymous Jessica said...

you look so good! what's your secret? ;^)

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits