~ Mikela's Testimony ~

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

A few weeks ago, we asked you to share a story of what God has done in your life to encourage other readers. Here's Mikela's story...

On Jan. 3, 2005 I was only 9 when my mom got a call from our family doc and he said that I was diabetic. I started 2 cry because I had no idea what that was or what it meant. So my grandma and grandpa drove us to the hospital and then I got my first IV shot that night an also got transferred to Riley Children’s Hospital. I had to move to 3 different rooms in 2 days. Then my dad and my aunt Kathy and my grandpa and grandma visited me too. My mom was with me there too. After that we had to take shot classes on how to use a syringe and everything. I was in the hospital for 3 to 5 days then I finally got out and it was hard for me to go back to school cause I was so embarrassed by my diabetes that I did not tell very many people. But now I am 13 years old and not embarrassed by my diabetes anymore. I made it through 4 hard years and I’m still diabetic but now all of my friends know that I am diabetic. Sometimes I give up on things cause sometimes I think that since I have diabetes then I can’t do anything, but that’s not true. You see, my dream is to become a professional musician. And I’m still believing in that dream. Many people inspire me. Sure sometimes I get mad at me being diabetic and ask God why me but then I say to myself it was for a reason and that’s so true. One day I’m gonna talk to all the kids in America who have diseases and I’m gonna tell them my story, a.k.a. my testimony. Yeah that’s right. Everything is for a reason, both the good and the bad.

~Mikela W., Illinois, 13 years old


*If you would like to share your testimony of what God is doing or what He has done in your life, send your story to radrevolution@proverbs31.org.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits