"Spiritual Reality"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



By: Yvonne Mendoza

Psalm 51:10, “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.” (NIV)


Throughout my high school years, every summer I looked forward to one thing…Church Camp! I looked forward to my preacher Bob and the connection I had with Jesus that whole week. Then when the last day would come, I would pack up and leave Jesus there.

As I look back, it saddens me that for four years I left God at that camp. It was as if it was an unwritten rule that when I got back from the closest thing to heaven, me and God were just as far apart as we were before I left for camp.

How do we keep our spiritual fire? How do our hearts remain pure and continue thirsting for Him? How can we feel like we are at church camp everyday? I recently discovered the answer to all these questions: Seek God first.

Battling life without God is difficult. When we try to do this, we will always lose. We begin to sink as we search in all the wrong places for safety and fulfillment. Sadly, once all other options fail us, then we seek God.

When seeking God becomes a priority for us, our lives are radically changed. Life is still a battle, but it’s much easier with God by our side. We begin to live life for God and with God. We begin choosing the right path. Sinking into worldly problems becomes a thing of the past. We don’t have to search for peace and tranquility anymore because we have it. We awake with joy. We begin to love God and others unconditionally. God’s heart’s desires become ours and we see them fulfilled. Our sin is erased by His mercy and we experience His grace in new ways.

The reality is sometimes we ourselves are the interference between God’s love and us. Why do we allow a wedge between God and ourselves? Why do we leave the Creator of all things second in our lives? Why do we give Him what’s left over from our lives? Why do we leave Him at church camp or church on Sunday mornings when we can have Him with us all the time?

We must realize that our God wants all of us. Let God renew your spirit. Pray for a thirsty heart. Wait patiently. Your desire for Him will be the greatest blessing and joy you can receive. Be ready to be changed. In your heart, mind and soul He will “renew a right spirit within you.” This is the spiritual reality of those who seek Him.

Prayer:

Dear God, thank You for loving me unconditionally. Lord, help me seek You day by day. Allows me to fall madly in love with You and Your Word. Help me make You my priority. Lord, I want to walk with You day by day. Help me grow and become a better servant for You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Related Resources:

Making It Real: Whose Faith Is It Anyway?, by T. Suzanne Eller

Holding His Hand: A Devotional for Teen Girls, by Beka Dewitt

Think About It:

When and where have you felt most connected to God?

How can you incorporate God into your daily life?

Live It:

Pray and ask God to give you the right spirit during mission trips, church camps and youth activities.

Pray with your church friends or a prayer partner and join or sign up for missions trips and church camps. Involve yourself in Christian activities.

Power Verses:

James 4:8, “Come near to God and He will come near to you…”(NIV)

Psalm 27:4, “One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in His temple. “ (NIV)

© 2009 by Yvonne Mendoza. All rights reserved.

+
Tell Us About It:
How do you find God in your daily life?

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Katie said...

How i "find" God every day: Okay, you know how God is the Alpha and Omega? Beginning and End? Well, since that is what He is, I am trying to make him the Beginning and Ending of my day! Even if I just dwell in his presence for only a minute. It is better than no time and all! and it is a beginning to get God more invovled in my life! It's awesome.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you idea Katie!! I'm gonna try it!

Yvonne

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits