"All You Need is Love"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



By: Elizabeth R. Williams


Romans 8:28, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (NIV)



Five years ago, I attended a women’s conference led by one of my spiritual heroes. I was so excited to spend a weekend with a woman who had challenged and encouraged my faith, and I couldn’t wait for this incredible opportunity!



Towards the end of the conference there was a question and answer session with the speaker and I thought for the whole conference about what I was going to ask. I slowly stepped up to the microphone and asked, “If there was once piece of advice you could give to young women, what would that be?”



She immediately replied, “Pray every single day of your life to love the Lord your God more than you pray to breathe your next breath…The Scriptures tell us, ‘We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him’ (Romans 8:28). But that verse is a conditional verse—for those who love Him.”



Five years later, those words have never left me. Recently, I asked myself, how different would my life look like if I prayed every day of my life to love the Lord more than I pray to breathe. Am I really up for the challenge?



Sometimes as young women, we’re so set on trying to figure everything out. We want immediate answers to all of life’s questions—Where should I go to college? What should I major in? Who should I marry? We can also become consumed with trying to figure out how to appear like the “perfect Christian”—Did I have my quiet time today? Are my thoughts and actions pure? Am I controlling what I say?



While there is nothing wrong with these questions, it’s easy to get caught up in our futures and trying to be the “perfect Christian” when God has so much more for us! In our pursuit to figure out the answers, we forget to listen when Jesus says, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment” (Matthew 22:37). More than anything, we just need to love Him.


I decided that the time has come to stop talking this prayer and begin living it out, to say every day, “Lord more than anything else, I just want to love You!” I invited some friends to join me and it is exciting to see God moving. We now see Him in a whole new light, and each day, He draws our hearts closer to Him.



No matter the timeframe, if we’re earnestly seeking to love God with all of hearts, we’re going to find Him. In Jeremiah 29:13-14, the Lord promises us that “you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you.” Friends, I invite you to join us and each day begin praying for a heart that is completely head over heels in love with the Lord. So, what do you say? Are you up for the challenge?



Prayer:



Lord, I want to learn how to love You best. I want to love and cherish every part of who You are. Lord, may I wait expectantly as You begin to transform my life by my willingness to wholeheartedly seek to love You with an unabandoned love. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.



Related Resources:



Want More Love?, by Kathy Wierenga Buchanan



Holding His Hand: A Devotional for Teen Girls, by Beka Dewitt



Think About It:



What are some different things in life that you find your heart running after?



Do you ever find yourself consumed with trying to figure out all life’s answers and miss out on simply loving God?



Live It:



Take the “Love Challenge.” Gather up a few close friends and together make a point to pray each day for hearts that are committed to loving the Lord. Through e-mails, instant messages, wall posts, and text messages, send each other encouraging notes of how God is moving in your heart and remind your friends to keep on praying.



Write a verse or prayer on an index card that reminds you to love the Lord each day. Put it on your bathroom mirror, your locker, or in your car so you can easily remember.



Power Verses:



1 Corinthians 2:9, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, not mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." (NIV)



2 Chronicles 16:9, “For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him…” (NIV)


© 2009 by Elizabeth R. Williams. All rights reserved.

+

Tell Us About It:

What does it mean to love God with all your heart, soul, and mind?

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger bea said...

Hi this sight has brought me closer to God and some of my friends.keep bringing people closer to God.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this, Love? thanks for the amazing prayer that i will begin!

Love

Yvonne

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits