"Surpassing the 'Normal' Life"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Yvonne Mendoza

Ephesians 1:11, “In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will.” (NIV)


What are we worth as young ladies? Who or what makes us feel prized, wanted, treasured? What gives us respect – our name and our possessions or how much we are worth in God’s eyes?

People in this world will mistreat us and difficult life circumstances will tempt us to minimize our expectations. So, how can we strive to be all we can be without becoming discouraged by life’s trials?

We do this by remembering we don’t have to do it on our own. God is always with us. We are blessed to be daughters of a God who created us in the womb to be somebody special in this world. It was God who decided when we were conceived that we would change this world, simply by our faith and love for Him.

Since my high school years, I realized that I was set apart for a special purpose. I remember clearly talking with my mom and sisters and telling them how excited I was about my future. I did not know what exactly was in store for me but I was sure of one thing: I was madly in love with God and because of that I felt wanted, assured and respected.

This brought me to this realization: I am a young woman living purposefully in this world for God. I do not need money to make me feel worthy. I do not need sweet words spoken by a man to make me feel precious. I have no tolerance for disrespect, hate, or abuse. We have been created for better than this. We deserve better. We will do better.

As young women, we have to realize that our future is destined for greatness and written by a God who dissolves our flaws and develops our strengths. I am different because I am in this world for only one purpose – to love God and live for His will. That is your purpose too.

Ladies, we must imprint in our hearts that we were made for more. Life is not about gaining more wealth, status or success, but about gaining closer proximity to God’s heart and allowing His plans to unfold for us. Let each day be used to create a stronger bond between you and God.

When an experience demeans us as young women and we pray for courage that has been hiding within – God changes us. When we respect ourselves – life changes. When tragedy comes into our lives and we live through it faithfully with God – life changes. When we begin to love ourselves for what we are and love God for how amazing He is – life changes. We must allow God to exceed our own expectations for our lives and live fully for His will. Remember, you are made for better, to live better and to do better!

Prayer:

Dear Lord, I strive to do Your will. Allows me to be filled by Your love and strengthen me day by day. Help me be all that I can be for You. Let me never settle for less but become a Godly woman for You and understand the great purpose You have for my life. Thank You for Your mercy and special love. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Related Resources:

My Life Unscripted: Who’s Writing Your Life? by Tricia Goyer

For Such a Time as This by Lisa Ryan

Think About It:

Do I respect myself? Why or why not?

What do I expect for my life? Is this what God wants for me?

Live It:

Find a prayer partner and begin asking the Lord together to show you what He has planned for your lives and to help you live that out.

With your prayer partner, look for ways to live your faith for God, such as missions trips and volunteering. Ask God to lead You to His will.

Power Verses:

Ephesians 2:10, “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” (TNIV)

Psalm 139:13, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.” (TNIV)


© 2009 by Yvonne Mendoza. All rights reserved.

+

Tell Us About It:

Where do you hope to be in your life 10 years from now?

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits