"True to Yourself"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Mary Geer


Psalm 139:14, “Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.” (NLT)


Recently, I had a friend who got her lip pierced. Now I have no problem with piercing, IF that’s what the person wants to do, however…in this case it was done to impress and “get” the guy she liked to notice her more. In other words, it was done solely for the benefit of the guy and not because she wanted it or liked it.

Have you ever been in her shoes? It’s a place where I have vowed to never go again. I strongly believe that God has made me uniquely the way I am and that is exactly who I want to be. The same is true for you! God wants you to be you, not someone else! He created you for a specific purpose and plan.


Now sometimes, it takes a while to find out who you are. I remember when I moved to the Florida Keys tying to figure out what I liked and what I didn’t. I wanted to do things I liked and the way I liked them, not because that was the way I was brought up or because “It’s always been done that way.” My goal was to find out who I really was, and I did! I tried different foods, going to new places, meeting new people. Some of the things I liked and some I didn’t, but I was finding out more about me.


I have never wanted to be someone I wasn’t or become what someone expected me to be. I also, didn’t want to take on someone else’s likes and dislikes.


God created me to be me and the same is true for you! He created you to be you! If you’re not sure what that is, then start finding out. Set up some experiments and see what you like. Just like in the movie “Runaway Bride” with Julia Roberts, if you don’t know which kind of eggs you like, make a bunch of different kinds and do a taste test!


Find out who you are and be true to yourself! I can guarantee God didn’t make a mistake! He made you to be a very interesting Daughter of the King! He loves you just as you are! Others will too when you are true to yourself!


Prayer:


Lord, thank You for creating us just the way You wanted us to be. May we discover what uniquely makes us who we are and live lives true to who we were created to be! In Jesus’ name, Amen.


Related Resources:


Authentic Beauty: The Shaping of a Set-Apart Young Woman, by Leslie Ludy


A Teenager’s Secret Diary Unlocked: My Struggle to Like Me, by Suzy Weibel


Think About It:



Do I know who I am? Am I true to myself?



Do I allow my friends to be true to themselves?



Live It:



Look in the Bible to find out more of who you are. If you’re stumped, come back tomorrow and see a list of Bible verses.



Look for ways to influence others to be who God created them to be. Celebrate their uniqueness.



Power Verses:



Zephaniah 3:17, “The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." (NIV)



Luke 12:7, “Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” (NIV)


© 2009 by Mary Geer. All rights reserved.

+

Tell Us About It:

What do you do (or what have you done) to get to know who you are better?


Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits