Glimpse of Heaven

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

By: LeAnn Rice
Executive Director of Proverbs 31 Ministries



I feel extremely blessed that God chose to share a glimpse of Heaven with me and with my husband, Ron, in the months before Ron’s death from cancer. He gave us visions of the beauty and perfection and He even shared the wondrous sounds of Heaven. Now, years later, I love to close my eyes at night and re-visit the brilliant colors, especially the indescribably deep blue, and listen to the sound of gently rushing water and the most beautiful music I have ever heard. These visions were the greatest gift God could have given me at that time but I certainly did not feel worthy of such a gift. It saddens me to admit that we were not saved.



I shared my story with a friend several years ago, crying. I didn’t understand why God would choose to show me what Heaven was like. After all, I hadn’t been a Christian at the time. Surely others were more deserving. Looking at me as if she couldn’t believe that I didn’t get it, my friend said, “You really don’t know? It’s because He loves you.”



I think I already knew this but for some reason it took her saying those words for the reality of God’s overwhelming love for me to sink in. My life has never been the same.



My faith has grown so much in the years since God blessed me with the sights and sounds of a very real Heaven. I no longer live without the hope of something better. Little situations that come up are never bigger than God’s love. Knowing that Jesus is by my side makes even the hardest situations and losses bearable.


Now I can no longer imagine what life would be like without Jesus, and it compels me to pray for those who do not know Him.



Girls, God loves us so much that He doesn’t give up on us. He fights for us and reaches out to us until the moment we take our final breath. God loves my husband so much that He didn’t want to spend eternity without him, so He reached out to Ron as he lay on a hospital bed in our living room and revealed Himself in a way that changed both of our lives. God doesn’t want to spend another moment without you either – neither here on earth nor for eternity.


Oh how I wish that I had noticed God’s attempts to reach out to me earlier in my life. Looking back, I can see so many ways that He tried to show me Himself but I was so busy and distracted with life that I couldn’t see He was there all the time. I imagine how much happier my childhood would have been…how much easier the stress and pressures of middle-school and high-school would have been to live through…how much richer my marriage would have been…



I will never get that time back. What I can do is pray that you don’t waste a moment.



Maybe you know Jesus as your Savior and Lord but you have family members or friends who don’t yet. Be encouraged that God loves them and will fight for them to the very end of their earthly life. No matter how long it takes, keep praying for them!


+ + +

If you don’t want to waste another moment away from God,
find out below how you can have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.


Steps to Salvation



As LeAnn mentioned, having a relationship with you is something God has waited on for your whole life! God loves you very much, so much so that He sent His only Son to die for your sins so that you can live forever with Him. He explains this love for you in the Bible.



Read the verse below out loud, inserting your name in the blanks…


John 3:16, “For God so loved ____________ that he gave His one and only Son, that if ______________ believes in Him _____________ shall not perish but have eternal life.”


Is this relationship with Him and eternal life something you want? Here is how you can get started:



1. Realize God’s love for you and that He desires a relationship with you.



Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”


2. Realize your separation from God is because of your disobedience (a.k.a. sin).


Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”



3. Realize the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for you so you could have a personal relationship with God and live forever with Him.



Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”



4. Believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and turn from your sin.


Romans 10:9-10, “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”


Acts 4:12, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven…by which we must be saved.”



5. Pray to express your decision to God.



If you are unsure of what to pray, pray the prayer below.



Dear God,
Thank You for loving me. I’m sorry for my sin that has separated me from You. Thank You for sending Your only Son, Jesus Christ to die for my sins so that I can have a relationship with You. I believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior of my life. Take my hand and lead me into a personal relationship with You that radically changes my life. In Jesus’ name, Amen.



6. Share your decision with someone!



If you just accepted Jesus, let us know! We want to celebrate with you and pray for you. Email us at
radrevolution@proverbs31.org.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

What a great post, LeAnn! Thanks for sharing this.

Excellent LeAnn! Thanks!

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits