"Taking BFF to a New Level"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Angela Parsley

John 15:15, “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.” (NIV)

In school, our friends are so important to us. Many of us feel empty if we do not have a “bff” (best friend forever). There are key chains, necklaces, and the like that we can buy to show our appreciation for our best friend. With girls this is certainly more important than anything. However, there is a problem with this. People can and will disappoint us. The reason for this is that we are all just human; we are not perfect. Our sinful human nature will flare its head out from time to time.

A situation occurred with me while on a retreat with my church a while back. My girlfriend who I was rooming with ditched me for the entire conference to hang out with another group of people. Although we roomed together, outside of that we had little contact. It really hurt my feelings and I certainly did not feel like I was her friend. She let me down. Although she later apologized, it still made me question my trust of and friendship with her.

God reminded me that He was my friend. He was the One and Only who could understand me completely and never disappoint me. He will never let me down. He is with me in all things and He is crazy about me. He feels the same about you. He would be delighted to be your “bff.” He wants to share with you those secret things that He has been told by the Father. His relationship with us is like taking all that we know of friendship to another level. Being “bff”’s with God is unlike anything in this world!

Prayer:

Dear Lord, Thank You for calling me Your friend. What a great privilege it is to be loved by You. Help me realize this and accept Your extended hand to me. Thank You for never disappointing me. You are so great. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Related Resources:

Is Jesus Your BFF?

A Young Woman’s Walk with God: Growing More Like Jesus, by Elizabeth George

Think About It:

Have I accepted Christ’s invitation to be His “bff”?

Isn’t it amazing that the God of the universe wants to be our friend?!? What can I do to improve my friendship with God?

Live It:

Think about all the things that make your friendship with your bff great. Maybe it’s the fact that your friend listens to you when you just need to vent…you spend time together regularly…you have a lot of common interests…you think alike…you appreciate each other…you both work at your friendship…you know you can count on her/him…you both genuinely just love and care about each other. All these things can be yours in your friendship with God. Take time each day to talk to God about your day. Sit in the quiet with Him and listen to what He wants to speak to you. Journal it. The more time you spend with Him, the closer a friend he’ll become.

Power Verses:

Psalm 8:3-4, “When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?” (NIV)

Exodus 33:11a, “The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.” (NIV)

© 2009 by Angela Parsley. All rights reserved.

+

Tell Us About It:

If Jesus is your bff, what makes Him your bff?

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits