"When God Speaks"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Yvonne Mendoza


Psalm 37:23, “The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way.” (NKJV)
We usually call them answered prayers, but I like to call it God speaking. This means that God heard my earnest prayer, formed it to His will, blew a kiss and His grace fell upon me. A wise woman once said you will learn to speak to God not by mouth but from the heart. As a young woman living in a world of sin, temptations, worry, and grief a simple heartfelt prayer is often forgotten.


I recently heard God speak to me. For two years I prayed for a much needed scholarship to help me fund my studies at Abilene Christian University. I prayed and prayed for anything. All I received were a lot of “not yet,” “not this year,” and “just waits.” I felt the Lord wasn’t listening to me. At times I felt frustrated because I did not understand why this certain prayer was not getting answered. After a year went by and no funding came in I had to stay home and study. Throughout that year I began to pray with tears for my deepest desires. I began praying with my heart. I forgot about my necessities and began to have a true relationship with the Lord. My heart began to feel at peace and I began to see God’s wonders.


I know the Lord waits patiently for us to make a u-turn and run back into his arms. He waits for us to breathe our last breath of frustration and finally look up to Him. He waits till we reach the day where we see Him just for His grace. We need to learn how to notice, listen and feel his love. On April 24th my two year prayer was answered. I got a scholarship to help pay for school.


Let us grow both in faith and love for a God who loves us more that we love ourselves. He’s a God who brings peace in the toughest of times and joy even when everything has gone wrong. Let us pray so that we can be reminded that because of His grace He loves us just as simple and sinful as we are. The God whom I love more than anyone else has brought tranquility into a broken home, financial stability with a single family income, and He has restored a shattered heart with goals and dreams made in His perfect way. Hear Him speak today. Allow Him to move your heart and mind to be at one with His. Fall at His feet and wait for His mercy and grace. His plans will always be perfect.


Prayer:


Dear God, I pray for the young women and myself who seek and need You today that we would find You. Help us wait patiently for Your blessings and let us be the women You have prepared us to be. Let us always put You first in all that we do. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


Related Resources:


The Bare Bones Bible Handbook for Teens: Getting to Know Every Book in the Bible, by Jim George


The One Year Devos for Teens, by Susie Shellenberger


Think About It:


When do you find yourself most connected to God?


How can you begin to see God’s grace day after day or in your everyday struggles?


Live It:


Before the start any prayer, thank God for what He has done and what He will do for your future, trusting that His plan is good. Pray that this helps you praise and seek him clearly.


Power Verses:


Jeremiah 29:11-12, “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.’” (NIV)


Isaiah 65:24, “It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking I will hear.” (NKJV)


© 2009 by Yvonne Mendoza. All rights reserved.


+


Tell Us About It:


What kind of good plans do you think (or hope) God has for your future?

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as mentor of young ladies for ages 5-18, this website is going to be profoundly helpful...as I seek to do God's will wholeheartedly I look to all resources that are divine to assist me along the way...stumbling upon your website has been one of the divine moments where one can only say Thank you Lord!!! You all continue to be blessed by our Father and be a blessing you women of all ages throughout our world...have a Glad day!! :)

Anonymous Kristen said...

Hi, I'm glad you found our site! We pray that God would use the devotions and resources found here to bless and impact young women all over the world. Blessings in your mentoring ministry!

Kristen Sigmon
Radical Revolution Coordinator
Proverbs 31 Ministries

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits