"Jesus Bling"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.




By: Wendy Pope
Proverbs 31 Speaker



Exodus 34:29, “When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD." (NIV)



Being in style, wearing the “right clothes” was one way I thought I could be part of the “in” crowd. I saw the “in” crowd. I studied them. The “in” crowd was where I longed to be. But much to my dismay I never made it into the “in” crowd. But, what I thought was my dismay was really God’s demonstration of His sovereign hand on my life.



Though the pull to be part of the “in” crowd has lost its grip on my life over the years, my love for style has not changed. It is hard to know what to wear and what not to wear. I want to be stylish but I have deep desire to represent myself correctly as a woman of God. This can be challenging in today’s society because what is most popular typically doesn’t help us represent ourselves as women of God.



A few years ago Shari Braendel joined our team at Proverbs 31 Ministries. With her special gifts of grace, love, and humor, she begin to slowly teach us "what not to wear" by educating us on what looks good and what does not look good on us as individuals. She has taught me how to represent myself as a woman of God and still be in style.



After being around Shari, I have developed a love for "bling." “Bling” is a relatively new word that I have added to my vocabulary. I must say, I embrace the word with passion. Apparently my love for bling shows. Recently a friend gave me a bracelet she had made for me. I squealed with delight when I opened the box. As I showed my husband the bracelet he said, "You love your bling, don't you? But Jesus is your bling." I thought, “Yes, He is.”



The Lord took my thoughts straight to Moses. I thought of how bright the glow of his face must have been when He came down from Mount Sinai after meeting with the LORD. I pondered the question, "Does my face radiate Jesus? Do those who see me know that I have met with the Lord?"



How about you? Are you wearing the "Jesus bling?" When you walk the halls of your school do others see a difference in you - the Jesus difference? Ask God how you can shine brighter for Him today. The simple truth is this phrase I borrow from my friend Lysa, "Others will not want to know about your Jesus until they see the reality of Jesus in your life."


Prayer:



Dear Lord, help me to gladly put on a garment of praise today. I want the desire of my heart to be making You famous. I desire to boldly and unashamedly proclaim Your glorious name in all that I say, think, and do. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


Related Resources:



Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy



Think About It:



Is the King my bling?


What have others learned about Jesus by looking at me?



Live It:



Set your alarm clock 15 minutes before you normally get up. Spend that extra time for the next 14 days with the Lord before you go to school. When others ask about the change in you, tell them about Jesus.



Power Verses:



Psalm 42:11, "Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God. (NASB)



Psalm 89:15, "How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! O LORD, they walk in the light of Your countenance." (NASB)



© 2007-2009 by Wendy Pope. All rights reserved.
Photo courtesy of Stacy Braswell.



+



Tell Us About It:



What have you learned about Jesus from others who have that “Jesus Bling”?

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits