"All for Me"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.




By: Cara McLauchlan


John 10:10, “...I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” (NIV)


It was an ordinary day unlike any other when God whispered an idea in my head, “did you know all of this is for you?”



“All of what? What do you mean by that?” I responded.



“Everything, all of it. The trees, the flowers, the way the sunlight reflects on the treetops. Every single thing in your life. I placed it all there for you.”



When I first started thinking about the “all for me” idea, I treated it like a gift I didn’t want or deserve. In fact, I wanted to give it back.



“All of this could not possibly be for me. No way Jesus, nice try, but it’s got to be for other people who do more important things like come up with cures for cancers or invent amaze things that change the world. Those people are who it all should be for.”



“Nope, it’s you.”



The “all for me” idea took awhile for me to completely get. After God planted it in my mind, I couldn’t help but see things very differently. Typically, I am lost in my busyness, making plans, chattering away, filling every moment and not really noticing life around me.



I started to pay attention to life. What if He really did organize things all for me? The crazy parents, difficult people in my life, the song on the radio, a conversation with a friend, a chance meeting with someone from a neat charity opportunity. He gave me crazy parents so that I could be a shelter and guide to others struggling with the same thing. He gave me the song on the radio to encourage me because I was feeling less than amazing. All of the good and bad, the wonder of nature, all of the blessings, the challenges, all the abundance and beauty in my midst, it was all for me. God had given all of this to me to enjoy, appreciate and so I could have life in abundance. It became a wonderful acknowledgement as I looked at each gift on my path and said in my head, “for me, for me, for me!”



When you really stop and think about all the abundance that God lavishes you with each day, it can blow your mind. Sometimes it’s hard to understand when we see the sorrow, the heartache or hard times. But in the end, it always turns out perfectly in His plan for our lives. Christ ordains life with such precision and wonder for us. He uniquely blesses each of us according to His will. I can’t wait to wake up each morning and see what surprises He has in store that are all for me and all for you!



Prayer:



Dear Lord, Thank You for caring for me in such a way that You have given me life in abundance. Remind me to watch for Your blessings and lessons at work in my life and to pay attention to Your goodness. In Your precious name, Amen.



Related Resources:



Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God, by Francis Chan



Do You Know Jesus?



Think About It:



What if it really is all for you?



If you believe that, how does it change you?



Live It:



Pick a day that you will pay attention to how Christ has made this day “all for you.” Write down what you recognize.



Write yourself a love letter from Christ – what would He tell you about how He has made His love real to you this day?



Power Verses:



Jeremiah 1:5, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” (NIV)



2 Timothy 1:9, “For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this not because we deserved it, but because that was His plan from before the beginning of time – to show us His grace through Christ Jesus.” (NLT)



© 2009 by Cara McLauchlan. All rights reserved.


+


Tell Us About It:


What are some things in your life that you realize are from God just for you?

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful article! Often in the hustle and bustle that define everyday life (and especially so at Christmastime) I am tempted to forget God loves me. What an awesome reminder!

Blogger cara said...

Thanks so much for your kind words!

Wishing you His peace,
Cara

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits