Christmas Gift Idea: Scripture Box

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



My favorite gift to give at Christmas (or any time) is to give the gift of the Word of God. It’s a free gift available to all of us but it’s so easy to forget that these words… God’s promises… were written just for us.

Have you ever put your name in a verse as you read it? It makes God’s promises come alive. Here’s an example:

Zephaniah 3:17 (NIV)

Before:
“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”

Now here’s the same verse personalized just for me:
“The LORD your God is with you, LeAnn, he is mighty to save you. He takes great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he rejoices over you, LeAnn, with singing.”

Here’s another one:

Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV)

Before:
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”

And, personalized just for me:
“Call to me, LeAnn, and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.”

Friends, God’s Word IS alive and He meant each word to be personal - just for you and just for me. Placing our name, or the name of a friend or family member, in the verse makes it come alive in a very real and personal way, just as God intended.

If you would like to give a very meaningful gift to a friend, family member, new believer, mentor, teacher, or someone special in your life, you can’t go wrong with giving the gift of God’s promises personalized just for them.
Here’s what you do:

Find a pretty box. You can purchase a beautiful box at a home décor store or a crystal store for under $15.00. One of my favorite places to find interesting boxes is Hobby Lobby. They have great sales so you can usually find one that’s 50% off. I have also purchased paper maché boxes at the craft store and painted/decorated them to make the gift even more special. These boxes are typically less than $5.00!

When you are looking for the perfect box or container for the verses, keep in mind the number of verses you will be putting inside. A shallow four-inch box will hold about 50 verses. A deeper 8 or10-inch box will hold a few hundred.

Once you have the perfect box, type up your verses. You can go through your Bible and choose verses that really speak to you. As you type them, read them with the recipient in mind. Then place their name in the verse. Since this is my favorite gift to give, I already have a few lists created (with names inserted) and I would be more than happy to email them to you. I have lists ranging from 31 to 365 verses! Like I said… this is my favorite gift to give.

If you would like me to email a list of verses to you, just send a quick email to
LeAnn@Proverbs31.org.

Simply cut the verses so that each one is on a separate slip of paper and then fold them and place them inside the box. I always pray for the person as I place the verses inside the box.

Tie the box with a beautiful ribbon and attach a card. Your very personal, very special gift is ready to present to the recipient.

Merry Christmas!
LeAnn

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Rose said...

Thanks again for emailing me your list of 365 Scripture promises. I printed them out and folded them up into a pretty box and plan on reading and meditating on one every day for the next year.

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits