Favorite Christmas Memories, Part 1

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

Christmas is coming up this Friday and we thought you'd like to hear from some of our Radical Revolution writers. Today, tomorrow and Thursday, we will be sharing what some of our favorite Christmas memories are. We hope you enjoy!


We would love to hear your favorite Christmas memories too! Just leave a comment to share yours with us.


My favorite Christmas memory is from 2005. My now husband, Matt, and I had been dating for 3 years and he kept telling me that my gift was in the back of his jeep. I knew it had to be a golf club (because we play a lot).



So on Christmas night, we went to his parents' house. When we I got there, he asked me to get my gift out of the back. He handed me a huge box shaped like a golf club. Noticeably disappointed, I took it inside the house. When it came time to open gifts, he handed me the box and said, "What do you think it is?" I said, "A golf club, duh."


When I opened the box, there was a new golf club with the biggest fake engagement ring you've ever seen dangling from the head cover! I wasn't sure what was going on, when Matt says, "Do you want to go shopping for a real one?"!!!


Wow!!! We went shopping the next day and got married in May of 2006.
That's my best memory of Christmas.


Autumn Sisk :)


Autumn writes devotions for RadRev.


+


I love that moment when I wake up and lie in bed, just thinking. Everything's quiet, and I'm the only one awake. A solemn stillness fills the air. Inside, I whisper to myself, "It's Christmas!" The thought fills me with wonder, hope, and awe. I enjoy the warmth of the quilt over me and feel the expectation hovering in the air. Presents, turkey, family, and the last door on the advent calendar. Then I remember that Jesus, the Son of God, became a human baby! The thought is too overwhelming. I can't process it. My heart swells with gratitude and amazement.


I jump out of bed and begin the celebration.


Blessings,
Esther Grace <><

Esther Grace contributes to our RadRev fashion column.


+


My favorite Christmas memory is yet to be determined. I have so many wonderful memories of Christmas that it is hard to choose just one. I enjoy everything from listening to my kids sing Christmas songs while we decorate the tree with old ornaments to watching the kids having a scavenger hunt with the nativity pieces and telling each other that baby Jesus is worth extra points. They try extra hard to find him and shout with great joy when they do!! It reminds me to seek Christ with all my heart and then to rejoice exceedingly with great joy just like when the angles announced His birth to the shepherds. There is so much about Christmas that I love, but most of all – my very favorite thing is sharing the birth of our Savior with my children. That is by far the most precious gift – truly priceless!


Amy Pucillo


Amy writes special articles for RadRev.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits