Favorite Christmas Memories, Part 3

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

My favorite Christmas memory is one we recreate year after year. On Christmas Eve, we each get to open up a new pair of pajamas. I don’t know about you, but I love me some quality PJ’s—it is such a treat to go to bed Christmas Eve in new jammies! Through the years, I have developed quite the collection! Then on Christmas morning, the sibling who wakes up first runs around and gets everyone else up. Once we’re all finally up and out of bed we line up on the stairs to take pictures before going into the living room to see what “Santa” brought us.


There’s something so special about making Christmas memories and upholding traditions, even simple ones like new pajamas and pictures on the staircase, that can be recreated year after year. As the years have rolled along, we’ve added two husbands to the mix, and this year we’ll have my precious eight-month-old niece. I love that even as our family continues to grow, without a doubt, come Christmas morning, we’ll all be lined up on the stairs, new pajamas in tow, ready for a day filled with family, food, traditions, and remembering together the greatest gift of all—Jesus!


Elizabeth R. Williams
Elizabeth writes devotions for RadRev.


+

For me one of my favorite parts of Christmas is celebrating family traditions. Whether it is eating monkey bread on Christmas morning or the counting down of the long never ending 24 days till Christmas. I love it all!

One thing our family does every year is fight over who gets to hide the pickle in the tree. Yes a pickle, a pickle ornament. The tradition is that whoever can spot the little green pickle before Christmas in the our very big green tree gets an extra present from Santa for being an observant child.

Have a great Christmas and a super New Year to go with it!

Love,


Mattie


Mattie writes for our RadRev fashion column.


+

When some people are asked to talk about their favorite Christmas memory, they think to their childhood and enjoying all the cute little gifts received to fill their toy box. But I have to think back to last Christmas on December 25, 2008. To some, it is just another Christmas and to me, it was, until now. Looking back, last Christmas holds some of the fondest and most unforgettable memories I could ever wish to experience.


Let me preface this by saying last Christmas was my last Christmas with my Nana Lowman before she went to be with the Lord. On this particular Christmas, the whole Lowman family got together to exchange Secret Santa and play Dirty Santa like we do every year. My Nana always bought "Dirty Santa" gifts that we would choose and "fight over" until the last person chose their unknown gift or "stole it" from someone else. But something about it was different. Our family added my aunt's husband and my best friend. These two additional people provided more excitement and "fighting over" what we wanted from Santa. Unlike other Christmases, my best friend took pictures of the whole day and got a new family portrait.


To some, pictures may seem trivial, but forever capturing the beauty of my grandmother and our family's last holiday together (unknowingly) means the world to me. Something was sweet about this Christmas. I must admit I do not really remember what I got for Christmas but I will forever remember the unity and love that filled my Christmas Day. I can never express enough the importance of enjoying every moment I have with my family even if we don't always get along. The joy of knowing Christ came to give us life and seeing that life lived out in my Nana until the day she went to be with the Lord is so precious.


So this CHRISTmas season, remember the reason for the hope that we have in Christ and share that hope and love with those you meet along the way. Merry Christmas! :)


"For a child will be born for us, a son will be given to us, and the government will be on His shoulders. He will be named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6 (HCSB)


Rachel Lowman

Rachel writes devotions for RadRev.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits