Rachelle's Story: "My Best Friend"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

“Even if it’s only a little bit, even if it’s only five minutes!” With these words my wise Sunday school teacher encouraged me to spend time with God each day.


I had just turned fifteen, an age when a girl needs friends, right? Well, I had none. My best friend had deserted me for a different group. On the one hand, I didn’t desire to be a part of that group. On the other hand, I felt cut off and alone. I was lonely. I needed friendship, and fellowship, and I finally found it in my Savior.


My Sunday school teacher’s encouragement made such a difference in my life and propelled my journey of faith to new heights. In those five minutes (which eventually grew to more) I found a Love that has banished loneliness.


I pray for my former best friend. It is painful to look back upon that summer but it is sweet, too, because the summer I lost my best friend, I gained a new One, the best of all. Jesus is my Best Friend, the one I trust with my past, my hurts, my present, my desires, my future, and my dreams.


~Rachelle R.
17 years old
South Carolina


Have a story to tell? If you would like to share a story about what God is doing or what He has done in your life, send your story to
radrevolution@proverbs31.org.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits