* Designer Genes *

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


Recently, when shopping for jeans, I made a discovery. I realized that it wasn’t the name brand of my jeans that was important, rather, it was the Maker of my genes that really mattered! Genesis 1:27 tells us that God created us in His own image! Psalm 139 says that we are wonderfully complex because God’s workmanship is marvelous! While I try to find jeans that fit right, it is more fitting for me to understand that I was born with designer genes because my Creator, God, made me just the way I am.

On the more practical side of things, denim jeans are a necessity for today’s wardrobe. With a tight budget, pricey labels are out of my reach. I have no choice but to purchase a pair of jeans that I can afford. I have found some of my best jeans under $20. Impossible, you say? My best strategy is to shop sales and clearance racks. My next strategy – just wear what I have. This is a real time and money saver! It might not be as much fun as shopping – but paired with a great top and the right accessories, any old pair of jeans can look stunning.

When it comes to a perfect fit – there are many varieties to choose from. After trying on several kinds, I have found which style best flatters my figure. Since everyone’s body shape is different, I suggest trying on a few different styles to see what suits you best. As far as low-rise to high-rise, a good suggestion is to stick with a mid-rise. Personally, I avoid ultra low-rise for the sake of modesty. In order to make sure my belly button isn’t showing, I always safeguard myself by wearing a long cami or tank top. This is to ensure that when I move around or lift my arms, that my skin isn’t revealed on my abdomen. The other problem with lower rise jeans is that it is possible to reveal your underwear on the backside. Stick to the middle and you can play it safe.

Keep in mind that a girl after God’s own heart will wear what is acceptable and fitting in God’s eyes. In a world of skin tight, low cut, revealing jeans – God’s girl can really stand out in a crowd by simply choosing to please Him with her very own ‘designer genes’. When your true beauty, the beauty that matters most to God, is pure and gentle in spirit – the Lord your God is thrilled! So … ask yourself: Who are you dressing to impress? What are you willing to wear (or not wear) in order to look your best for God? After all, He made you exactly the way you are. He delights to see you, His princess, keeping yourself pure. You choose the jeans to wear but God chose the right genes for you! And, God chooses to bless you when you make choices that honor Him. What could be more thrilling than that?

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank You for choosing to form and fashion me into the exact person You made me to be. Thank You for designing every detail of my being with the specific genes I have. Thank You for blessing me when I make right choices in my wardrobe that are fitting for a daughter of the King. Show me how to develop a gentle and quiet spirit that is of great worth in Your sight. I put my hope in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.


Look up and Read 1 Peter 3:3-5
Where should your beauty come from? Where should your beauty NOT come from?
How did women in the past make themselves beautiful? How can you use this passage to make yourself beautiful? How would you explain this passage to a friend as an example of why you choose to dress and act the way you do?

~Amy Pucillo

More about Amy

Amy Puccillo, author of Purity Protection Plan, teaches teen girls about God’s plan for their purity using Biblical principles and real life experience. As the founder and creative director of Pure Style Ministries, Amy equips teen girls in practical ways to stay pure spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically by using the Word of God. Married for 10 years to Brian and the mom of three beautiful children, Amy has a passion for mentoring and encouraging today’s teen girl in choosing a lifestyle of modesty and purity.
www.purestyleministry.com

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits