"Even More"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Lynn Cowell
Proverbs 31 Speaker

1 Thessalonians 4:1, "One final word, friends. We ask you—urge is more like it—that you keep on doing what we told you to do to please God…You know the guidelines we laid out for you from the Master Jesus. God wants you to live a pure life." (Message)

“I’m just so tired of being good. Tired of sticking out; not fitting in! At school today, the guys were talking about how ‘hot’ the new girl is. Then one of them said, ‘Yeah, but she won’t do anything because she came from a Christian school. You know Christians won’t do anything!’ It’s like we’re abnormal or something!” It was painfully clear that Hannah was frustrated. Stuck in a world where right is wrong and wrong is right, she seemed to be getting worn out with going against the crowd.


Do you ever feel this way too? I do! It all can look SO great – a world revolving around music, clothes, photo opps for Facebook and guys. Yet when we do “go there” it just feels wrong.


I think Paul got it. I’m glad he did because what he said sure helps me feel like I’m not alone. In 1 Thessalonians 4 he encourages his friends to keep living in a way that pleases God; in fact, do it even more!


Maybe that is the answer. Instead of trying to be the kid in the middle – a little bit Christian and a little bit like everyone else, we should try going all out! Maybe we should go God’s way and just see what happens.


In another book, Paul gives us a little heads up about what can happen if we do. In Galatians 6:9 he tells us to keep on doing what pleases God, not because we have to follow some list of rules, but doing it out of love! The results will be a life filled with God’s goodness. Now, sometimes those good things don’t show up right away. But I have seen it happen! I have seen time after time when God completely blew my mind away by bringing things into my life I just never thought of! Try it; try Him! You just might find He’s the answer you’ve been looking for!


Prayer:


Jesus, as I start a new year, help me to give this sold out thing a chance. Trying to be a part of whatever everyone else is doing and be Yours just isn’t working. I can’t wait to see what life with You is going to look like this year! In Jesus' name, Amen.


Related Resources:


Want to Know Him?


Visit Lynn's blog at www.HeisThatIntoYou.com


Devotional Books:
*
Totally God’s 4 Life by Megan Clinton
*
Holding His Hand: A Devotional for Teen Girls by Beka Dewitt
*
LIFE: A Teen Devotional: Words from the Rock by Melody Carlson
*
The One Year Devos for Teens by Susie Shellenberger


Think About It:


Are there certain places or events that make you want to be a part of a crowd that isn’t best for you?


Is there some place you can go to meet girls who are trying to follow Jesus too? A Christian club at school? Youth group at church?


Live It:


Begin to replace the things that are pulling you away from God with some time with Him. Get a new devotional book that will really challenge you to move forward in your relationship with Him (See above for some ideas).


Power Verses:


Galatians 6:9, “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” (NLT)


© 2010 by Lynn Cowell. All rights reserved.

+

Tell Us About It:

Are there any good devotional books you’ve read that you’d recommend to other girls?

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this encouragement!
My one-word resolution for this year is YES! I am determined to say YES to God, YES to the opportunities He drops into my lap, and YES YES YES to His love for me! I don't want to give up being sold out!

P.S.
I would recommend anything from Shannon Primicerio or Elizabeth George, they are such great authors.
Rachelle

Anonymous Kristen said...

Rachelle, I love that resolution...YES to God! I hope we all become even more sold out for God in 2010!

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits