"You Have Purpose"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



By: Angela Parsley

Acts 17:26-28, “From one man He [God] made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and He determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek Him and perhaps reach out for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us. 'For in Him we live and move and have our being.” (NIV)



Before making any big decision in life, it helps if you know your purpose for the here and now on earth. When I was trying to make some of the major decisions in my life growing up, I had the hardest time because I did not realize God’s grand plan. All I knew was that, more than anything, I desired to do more than just take up space in this life I was given. I needed something worth living for. When God grabbed a hold of me, it opened my eyes to so many things that I was missing.


First, He showed me His great care for us and attention to the details of our lives. He chose the time and place in which we would live, and He did it with great wisdom and forethought. He did all this before He even created you. “…All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be” (Psalm 139:16, NIV). Absolutely nothing is a mistake. Can you imagine God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit sitting together and planning out the entire timeline of the human race? Planning creation, planning Jesus’ time to redeem what was lost, planning your life and your purpose? That’s what they did. How awesome is that?!


God has hand-chosen you and me to live in this generation and even the very places where we live. Can you imagine someone like Toby Mac living in the times that Jesus walked the earth? Can you imagine someone from the 1900’s coming to live in our time? It is quite comical really.

Second, God showed me my purpose is to glorify Him. That’s your purpose too. Isaiah 43:7 says that God created us for His glory. So what does it mean to glorify God? It means honoring and respecting Him in what we think, say, and do. 1 Corinthians 10:31 says that everything we do should be for the glory of God. How can we glorify God? First, we need to know Him and have a relationship with Him. Then, we can glorify God by trusting Him, being obedient to Him, loving Him, loving others and pointing them to Him.


Not only has God created you to bring Him glory, He’s also given you a unique personality, set of talents and gifts, personal experiences, and passions. When you think of how you can honor God through these things, your specific purpose will become clear.


He has very specific and good plans for you in the here and now. God transcends time and He created you for this specific time and place. God first and foremost desires a relationship with you. Then, He desires that you live life to the fullest by living out His awesome purpose for your life. Believe me, He has a great purpose for your life! Look to Him and you will find it.


Prayer:

Father, Thank You for Your great love for me. You are amazing. I love Your detail in every area of my life. Help me to see more of Your plan for me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


Resources:


Want to start a relationship with God?


Shaped with Purpose CD and Workbook, by Renee Swope


Think About It:


Have you given much thought as to what your life’s purpose may be?


As you think about what God’s purpose for you is, consider these areas:

  • Spiritual Gifts
  • Heart’s Desires
  • Abilities & Talents
  • Personality
  • Experiences

(Come back tomorrow for more on these)


Live It:


Spend some quiet time with God. Ask Him what His purposes are for your life. Journal what you think He’s telling you.


Ask some people who know you well what they think you should do with your life. It is nice to gain others’ perspective because they may see some things you cannot.


Power Verses:


Ephesians 1:11-12, “In Him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of His will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.” (NIV)


Jeremiah 29:11, “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” (NIV)


© 2010 by Angela Parsley. All rights reserved.

+

Tell Us About It:

What do you think God’s purpose for your life is?

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Katie said...

I have no idea what His purpose for is for me. But I know his setup plan is in the works! For, 1: I am taking a class I had no choice in and it was totally unexpected, 2: He moved me out of my little world to a completely different one! :) And now he has me talking to my head pastor about something he put on my heart! There is definately a reason for these but I have no idea! At all!

Katie,
Love that you are looking to God in all of these things. He will soon show you how they all work together. Please let me know. I just love finding pieces of my purpose lay out over time. :) Praying for you and that He will show you clearly as you walk in obedience to Him.
Much love,
Angela

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits