Prayers and Prayer Quotes

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

Our focus the past few weeks has been on prayer including the importance of taking time away from life to connect with God, what to do in the “desert” times when God feels far away, being real with others about the prayers on our hearts, and finding out how you best connect with God.


Today, rather than posting another devotion, we thought we’d share just a few classic prayers that you might like to use from time to time, as well as some quotes about prayer. Hopefully, one or two of these will inspire and encourage you as they have us.




“The first purpose of prayer is to know God.” – Charles L. Allen



“O Lord Jesus Christ, you have said that you are they way, the truth, and the life. [Help] us not to stray from you, who are the way, nor to distrust you who are the truth, nor to rest in anything other than you, who are the life.” – Desiderius Erasmus


“…Give me wisdom to perceive you, intelligence to fathom you, patience to wait for you, eyes to behold you, a heart to meditate upon you, and a life to proclaim you, through the power of the Spirit of Jesus Christ our Lord.” – Benedict


“When you go to your knees, God will help you stand up to anything.” – Anonymous


“God, of your goodness, give me yourself for you are sufficient for me. I cannot properly ask anything less, to be worthy of you. If I were to ask less, I should always be in want. In you alone do I have all.” – Julian of Norwich


“Lord, take my lips and speak through them; take my mind and think through it; take my heart and set it on fire.” – W.H.H. Aitken


“Behold, Lord, and empty vessel that needs to be filled. My Lord, fill it. I am weak in the faith; strengthen me. I am cold in love; warm me and make me [enthusiastic], that my love may go out to my neighbor. I do not have a strong and firm faith; at times I doubt and am unable to trust you altogether. O Lord, help me. Strengthen my faith and trust in you. In you I have sealed the treasure of all I have. I am poor; you are rich and came to be merciful to the poor. I am a sinner; you are upright. With me, there is an abundance of sin; in you is the fullness of righteousness. Therefore I will remain with you, of whom I can receive, but to whom I may not give.” – Martin Luther


“Because God is the living God, he can hear; because he is a loving God, he will hear; because he is our covenant God, he has bound himself to hear.” – Charles H. Spurgeon


“God showed Abraham that asking for anything is allowed, with the understanding that God’s answers come from God’s perspective. They are not always in harmony with our expectations, for only he knows the whole story.” – Life Application Study Bible on Genesis 18:33


“I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that Imight be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I had asked for,
But everything that I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.”
- An Unknown Confederate Soldier


“Now unto him who is able to keep up from falling and lift us from the dark valley of despair to the bright mountain of hope, from the midnight of desperation to the daybreak of joy; to him be power and authority, for eve and ever.” – Martin Luther King Jr.


Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits