* Fashion & Beauty Q & A with Shari *

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

Q: My eyeliner always smudges under my eyes throughout the day, making me look tired and sloppy. What can I do to keep it from doing this?


A: Apply powder under your eye area in a neutral shade closest to the color of your skin before applying your eye makeup. An easy way to do this is by dipping a Q-tip in the powder and then dabbing it on under your eyelashes and anywhere else your makeup seems to smudge. If this still doesn’t work, then apply a second coat of powder after you’ve applied your eye makeup. This should seal the deal!



Q: I want to look cute but it’s super hard to find shirts that aren’t revealing. I have to wear tank tops with lots of my clothes but I don’t always want to. How can I find something trendy that covers me up?


A: I love that you don’t want to be revealing and are seeking to wear clothes that won’t show everything. It may seem that there are not a lot of options but they are out there. Look for fashionable t-shirts that have a slight rounded neckline or v-neck and wear them under a long sleeve denim shirt or patterned blouse. Another way to make a fashion statement is to wear a scarf tied around your neck so it hangs nicely. It will cover any area you want to conceal. Since scarves are so trendy these days, buy several so you can wear with your different tops. A scarf will raise you fashion quotient by 150%!



Q: I participated in my school's pageant last year and I want to do it again. Last year I used one of my cousin's dresses but it'd be embarrassing if I wore it again. I have one of my sister's old prom dresses, but I don't think it would grab the judges' attention. My mom has already told me she isn't going to spend a lot of money on this, and there is a place nearby that sells second-hand dresses but I'm nervous that I won't be able find anything there. I live in a very small town and was hoping that you could lead me to a website where I can find unique, appropriate, flattering, and new or gently used pageant dresses that aren't over the top in price. Please help me.


A: I admire you for not putting up a fight with your mom and instead are seeking an answer that will satisfy both of you! Whether you are looking for a dress for a pageant, prom or special occasion, look in the yellow pages and find all the re-sale shops located within thirty to forty-five minutes of your home. Then get on the phone and start calling to see if they have a good selection in your size to see if it’s worth the drive for you and your mom. If that doesn’t work, then try Overstock.com or Ebay. Both websites have huge selections of used and new dresses that sell for reasonable prices.


Re-printed from Susie Magazine by Shari Braendel


*If you have a fashion or beauty question that you’d like Shari to answer, send it to radrevolution@proverbs31.org.*


More about Shari


From early childhood, Shari Braendel always had an eye for style. She earned a degree in Fashion Merchandising, and for the past several years has joined with Proverbs 31 Ministries. She now speaks nationally at Christian women's retreats, conferences, and youth events. Her focus is to remind each of us that we are beautiful, made in His image, exactly as He intended. She shares her knowledge and experience with practical style advice and tips on how to present our positive assets in a modest and feminine fashion.



She believes that your own personal style trumps the trends every time. Her advice: browse for the looks you love, but only buy the ones that love you back. And never get rid of anything you look great in! Always remember, fashion is fickle, but you can count on the fact that real beauty comes from within.


Visit Shari's site at www.sharibraendel.com.


Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits