* Put On Love *

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



Have you ever looked in your closet or rummaged through your drawers only to discover that you ”have nothing to wear”? I must admit I am guilty of this. Although I have more than my fair share of clothes, I often feel as if there is nothing suitable for me to put on!

The fact of the matter is that I am blessed to have a wide variety of clothing in my wardrobe. Sadly, it is usually my attitude that needs to change – not my clothes. When I look to God’s Word, I am reminded that above all else - I need to put on love (Colossians 3:14). Colossians 3:12 spells out clearly what accompanies love: “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” (NIV)

When you start feeling like you have nothing to wear, either you need to do some serious laundry OR you need to remember to clothe yourself with the five layers mentioned in Colossians: 1) compassion; 2) kindness; 3) humility; 4) gentleness; and 5) patience. Evaluate yourself in those areas. Examine your heart. How are you doing at showing kindness or patience to others? How about compassion? Would a stranger notice your humility and gentleness?

Chances are you, like me, have loads of clothes at home. Ask God to show you how you can clothe your heart with loads of grace and mercy. After all, it doesn’t really matter what our visible clothing looks like; it’s the invisible clothing we put on that counts.

When Colossians says to “put on love,” imagine putting on a big, warm, soft, comfortable bathrobe. You know, something you can really relax and feel good in. Isn’t love just like that? When you put on love, you are covering yourself with warm fuzzy goodness. 1 Corinthians 13:4a tells us that love is patient and kind (NIV), those same two words listed in Colossians 3:12. The fact that the Bible mentions these qualities multiple times shows they’re very important to God.

The next time you are plagued with the dilemma of what to wear, remember to first put on love which never fails and clothe yourself with kindness and patience. Go for the layered look with compassion, humility and gentleness. After you have taken the time to do all that, you can mix up a few of your favorite articles of clothing for a fun, fresh outfit. If you really can’t come up with anything – raid your sister or best friend’s closet (with her permission of course) and create a totally new look!

Oh Lord! I need Your help remembering to put on love each day. Give me Your grace and mercy as I learn to clothe myself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Teach me how to cover myself with Your Word. Show me what areas I need to work on and grow me into the kind of young woman You desire me to be. Thank You for embracing me with Your love. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.


~Amy Pucillo


More about Amy


Amy Puccillo, author of Purity Protection Plan, teaches teen girls about God’s plan for their purity using Biblical principles and real life experience. As the founder and creative director of Pure Style Ministries, Amy equips teen girls in practical ways to stay pure spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically by using the Word of God. Married for 10 years to Brian and the mom of three beautiful children, Amy has a passion for mentoring and encouraging today’s teen girl in choosing a lifestyle of modesty and purity.
www.purestyleministry.com





Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits