"All Creatures of Our God and King"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Rachel Lowman


“Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is exalted; his majesty is above earth and heaven.” Psalm 148:13 (ESV)


"All creatures of our God and King
Lift up your voice and with us sing,
Alleluia! Alleluia! ...
O praise Him! O praise Him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!"

God is worthy to be praised, and all too often we focus solely on where we are instead of where He wants us to be. This realization, like it never has before, hit me as I set foot outside of my dorm into the beautiful sunny day that encompassed the Appalachian Mountains. As my iPod played, I began watching my surroundings on campus like never before. I saw the wind blowing, students smoking, sad faces as they passed, longing looks of lonely people looking for meaning masked by an almost convincing smile … and I mentally stopped.

The Lord spoke to me through all I was seeing and gave me the realization of how HE longs for His creation to lift up their voices and sing to Him, the Maker of all. It hurts His heart so much to see all that He said was "very good" (Genesis 1:31) not looking to Him and instead focusing on fleeting moments without real significance. As the music continued, I began to see, sadly, how the Earth itself sang more praise to the Lord than those who passed me rushing to class and those sitting in the sun talking with those they loved.

Seeing this took me back to this weekend when I drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway with some of my dearest friends. Each time we saw a clear lookout, we would stop and look at the beautiful mountains, trees, rocks, birds and blades of grass that our FATHER made to extol His praise. But those parts of nature are not supposed to praise Him more than his most dear creation does and yet, they are crying out!
How ashamed should we be? We have not lived our lives in awe and in complete worship of our King. We should "Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise" (Psalm 100:4a) instead of cruising along in life unaware and unaffected by God’s holiness and majesty.

I can't put into words how I felt today walking and listening to this song that shouted, "O Praise Him! Let us Praise Him!!!” How exciting will it be to see what the Father does when we, His children, fall on our faces in prayer and praise to Him, solely and completely?! Revival will come! Our lost friends that we love so dearly will come to the Lord. Those with whom we wish we could make things right again, after past hurts, will come and we will be reconciled. This only comes in HIM, when we praise HIS name!

Why not today? We must decide to have a complete heart change. Then and only then, we can enter His presence without shame, simply watching to see what our great God, King of the entire Universe will do. Let us watch, pray and praise in anticipation of His great arrival!

Prayer:

Heavenly Father, I praise You for You are Creator. I worship You despite my struggles and insecurities for You made me for that purpose: to bring praise and glory to You. Help me be a light to this dark world around me so that they might know You. Thank You so much for the daily reminder of your greatness shown throughout all of Your Creation. Oh Lord, You are so good. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Resources:

Listen to the words of "All Creatures of Our God and King" by Bethany Dillon and Shawn McDonald in the video below:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbXd3rbXVSc


The Air I Breathe: Worship as a Way of Life by Louie Giglio


Talk About it:

When was the last time you actually saw the lovely creation that surrounded you?


Do you think about continually praising your King?


Leave a comment below to let us know.


Live It:

Make time in your busy schedule to go outside or to an open room, where the outside view is clear, and have a time of worship. It may be only 5 or 10 minutes, but in that short period of time you’ll be amazed at what can happen. Take your Bible, your iPod (if you have one) and yourself, dedicating that time to observe your surroundings and thank the Lord for them.


Power Verses:

“Proclaim with me the Lord's greatness; let us exalt His name together.” Psalm 34:3 (HCSB)


“Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.” Psalm 100 (NIV)


© 2010 by Rachel Lowman. All rights reserved.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits