* Modest Swimwear *

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

I have spent the day looking for modest, inexpensive swimwear and I have to tell you I am so distressed. Distressed for two reasons: 1) If I’m exasperated and distressed then YOU must certainly be and 2) Since summer camps are right around the corner you are most likely being instructed to wear a one-piece bathing suit and there are hardly any to be found. Seriously.

I literally have spent a ton of time searching different websites. I’ve googled the terms needed to find them. I’ve looked and I’ve looked and here’s the thing.

One-piece suits just aren’t out there anymore unless you look in the women’s department and even then, they are few. What IS out there are tankini’s. And they are cute. And modest. In fact, they are more modest than most, if not every one-piece swimsuit I found in any Junior department because the one-piece suits that ARE in the stores are completely sexy and revealing. The most modest swimsuits I found (and with the best prices) are tankini’s, otherwise known as meet and greet suits.

As a modesty expert and Christian image consultant, I’m going to implore all the youth directors out there to please, please, please let your female students wear a tankini to youth camp this summer. I promise it will be modest. And it will cover her chest area more than any one-piece suit that’s out there.

Now, for you girls: if you show this blog article to your youth director and he or she agrees to let you wear a tankini, be responsible and get one that’s top is longer than just barely touching the top part of your bottom. Get one that actually covers a few inches of the bottom part. Promise me that.

And if any of you find a one-piece suit that is cute, modest and doesn’t look like a sport racing suit or your grandmother’s bathing suit, then let me know where … because I’d be thrilled to report the good news. Here are a few pics of proper tankini’s that are modest and fashionable. All these are from Kohl’s and are on sale right now! But go to the JCPenney site too because they have a wonderful selection.

Happy swimwear shopping!

Beautiful Blessings,
Shari

More About Shari

From early childhood, Shari Braendel always had an eye for style. She earned a degree in Fashion Merchandising, and for the past several years has joined with Proverbs 31 Ministries. She now speaks nationally at Christian women's retreats, conferences, and youth events. Her focus is to remind each of us that we are beautiful, made in His image, exactly as He intended.
She shares her knowledge and experience with practical style advice and tips on how to present our positive assets in a modest and feminine fashion. She believes that your own personal style trumps the trends every time. Her advice: browse for the looks you love, but only buy the ones that love you back. And never get rid of anything you look great in! Always remember, fashion is fickle, but you can count on the fact that real beauty comes from within.
Visit Shari's site at www.sharibraendel.com.

Labels:



11 Comments:

Blogger Siriana said...

Check out Diviine Modestee! http://www.diviinemodestee.com/divinitasole/ Though I can't afford it, this is where I'd go!

Anonymous Melodie said...

landsend has both tankinis and one piece swimsuits for girls and women they are a little pricey but I've never had bad luck with them.

Anonymous Kristen said...

Thanks for sharing about Diviine Modestee, Siriana! :)

Blogger Hannah said...

This website has the cutest modest swimsuits ever!

Take a second and check it out:
http://www.limericki.com/

Blogger Tracey said...

Lands End has some wonderful mix and match pieces that are modest (others not)- check your local SEARS store to try them on. Double check the website (in store) and see if you get a better deal online. IF it is online cheaper get the Sears Lands End Sales Rep to order it for you with FREE shipping - b/c it's from the store.

Blogger laura c said...

Costco has women's speedo one piece suits, usually for under $25. They tend to be low cut in the hips, but the neckline can be a little low. I know for my 12 year old (who's built like a 20 year old!) it was the only luck we had last year, and I just saw them in available today.
Thanks for the article!!
Laura Correia
Phoenix, AZ

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Costco has women's speedo one piece suits, usually for under $25. They tend to be low cut in the hips, but the neckline can be a little low. I know for my 12 year old (who's built like a 20 year old!) it was the only luck we had last year, and I just saw them in available today.
Thanks for the article!!
Laura Correia
Phoenix, AZ

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just bought my daughter a limericki swimsuit. Sooo cute! and the quality seems to be good, fully lined. Ran true to size, just as they said. It wasn't cheap, but if it lasts two years it will be worth it. I have paid more than half of what I paid for the limericki suit, for suits at Penny's, Kohls, and Sears, and they were worn out before the season ended. Plus my daughter has a long torso, and they weren't quite long enough, whereas the limericki suit is more than long enough!

Anonymous Kristen said...

Thanks everyone for your helpful tips! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Land's End usually has great swimsuits. However, this year I have not been able to find very good kids swimsuit options. J. C. Penny and Lime Rickie have really cute swimsuits, and they are modest as well.

Blogger modest said...

Great post, I agree with your comments
http://www.despedidasoltero.eu

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits