"Smoky"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Elizabeth Marie Rollins

“For our God [is indeed] a consuming fire.” Hebrews 12:29 (Amplified)


I am so blessed to have a backyard just outside city limits in southern Louisiana because I enjoy yard work, especially burning discarded limbs and leaves. It’s a beautiful experience to strike a match, tend its flame, and cultivate a small flicker of orange into a raging fire. Engulfing my senses, the sweet smell of burning leaves and smoke mix deep in my hair and clothes. You see, everything smells of smoke when you’ve been near the fire; but there are more than physical fires. There are spiritual ones.

We all know the age-old phrase, “Birds of a feather flock together.” Whomever we choose as friends, even the very atmosphere we place ourselves in, will– let me repeat that: WILL—shape who we are, just like smoke clinging to our hair and clothes. If we habitually watch television programs that uplift ungodly relationships, we position ourselves in front of an unholy fire, which will inevitably manifest in our own life at some point.

Likewise, if we sit in front of God’s fiery throne, we will absorb the heavenly smoke of his blazing power. It’s a choice. It’s always a choice. Which fire will I choose to be near?

Prayer:
Lord, you know how much I love You. Forgive me for the areas of my life that are not surrendered to You. Show me each day which choices to make so I may become more like Jesus. Remind me of Your grace and mercy. Help me to be passionate in my relationship with You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Resources:

LIVE: Holy Bible, New Living Translation

Talk About It:

What fire do you sit in front of?

Live It:

Think about the television programs, movies, and music you watched and listened to this past week. Think about the people you were around. Pray about each one that comes to your mind, and listen to what the Holy Spirit says. Listen to see if God is guiding you to give up some of these as you pursue Him.

Power Verses:

Malachi 3:2, “[…] For He is like a refiner’s fire and like fullers’ soap.” (Amplified)

Exodus 3:2, “The Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, yet was not consumed.” (Amplified)

© 2010 by Elizabeth Marie Rollins. All rights reserved.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits