Since summer is almost here, I’m excited to let the Rad Rev readers be the FIRST to know about this exciting opportunity! Please pray and ask your parents about attending Fashion Camp! I would like nothing better than to have some awesome Rad Rev readers be part of this camp and the Teen Modesty Focus Group which you’ll find details about below. Let me know if you can join us for this awesome week of fun! I know it’s not possible to attend if you don’t live near Charlotte but guess what? Summer 2011 we will have 10 camps nationwide so we hope to be in a city near you! Let us know in the comments what city you live in so we know where you live! If you DO live in Charlotte, be part of the kick-off for this exciting program that’s going nationwide and you will have a BIG part in what is planned for the camps next summer. Here’s the info:
Join us for the Modest is Hottest Fashion Camp and spend a week with other like-minded girls and teens learning about modesty, fashion and beauty!
Dillards @ Northlake in Charlotte, NC and Clinique are joining the Modest is Hottest team to bring you a week like none other. Learn how to wear clothes and makeup that are in style without compromising your standards and values.
- An understanding of your unique beauty
- Shopping guidelines for knowing how to wear current styles in a modest, stylish way
- What looks best on you and your individual body shape
- Age-appropriate make up instruction and application from Clinique
- How to take care of your skin
- Your best hairstyle based on your face shape
- The best colors for you provided through a personal color analysis
As a camp attendee you will be treated to the following:
- Your own personal set of color swatches
- A goody bag of cosmetics and makeup from Clinique
- 12 hours of personal instruction from certified Image Consultants
- The opportunity to be part of Shari Braendel’s Teen Modesty Focus Group 2010/2011* (optional, but available to all who attend)
- The opportunity to participate in Dillard’s Back-to-School Fashion Show in August! (optional, but available to all who attend)
*Teen Modesty Focus Group 2010/2011 will assist Shari Braendel of Proverbs 31 and Fashion Meets Faith by providing information gained from their age group on what’s happening in today’s culture and how our teens today can influence modesty in clothing and behavior. Focus Group members will be mentored by Shari thru four conference calls throughout the 2010/2011 time period. The Focus Group will be instrumental in helping Shari gather information for future projects.
Tuesday, June 22 thru Friday, June 25, 2010
10am to 1pm: For girls 5th grade thru 8th grade
2pm to 5pm: For teens 9th grade thru 12th grade
Location: Dillard’s @ Northlake Mall, Charlotte, NC
Cost: $197 (before June 1st, after that $247)
Space limited to maximum 25 girls at each session
Sponsored by Clinique and Dillard’s @ Northlake/Charlotte, NC
From early childhood, Shari Braendel always had an eye for style. She earned a degree in Fashion Merchandising, and for the past several years has joined with Proverbs 31 Ministries. She now speaks nationally at Christian women's retreats, conferences, and youth events. Her focus is to remind each of us that we are beautiful, made in His image, exactly as He intended.
She shares her knowledge and experience with practical style advice and tips on how to present our positive assets in a modest and feminine fashion. She believes that your own personal style trumps the trends every time. Her advice: browse for the looks you love, but only buy the ones that love you back. And never get rid of anything you look great in! Always remember, fashion is fickle, but you can count on the fact that real beauty comes from within.