"Future?"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Amber Timmerman

“I know, O Lord, that a man’s life is not his own; It is not for a man to direct his steps.” Jeremiah 10:23 (NIV)


SATs. Applications. Choices. Scholarships. Senior Pictures. Graduation. Future roommates. Moving away. Dorm room. Major and minor. WAIT. Pause. For those of us who are high school seniors, this year has gone incredibly fast, hasn’t it? I’m feeling incredibly overwhelmed by all of the changes happening in the next few months. When looking at the future, it’s easy to become stressed out and nervous, but that’s not how it’s supposed to be.

In Jeremiah 10:23, Jeremiah the prophet spoke a prayer that is very applicable. In this verse we see it’s not our responsibility to direct our steps. God has promised us in His Word that He will direct us and place us where we need to be. Proverbs 23:18 says, “There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off” (NIV).

One of the keys to knowing and understanding God’s plan and purpose for you is to spend time in the Bible. Why wouldn’t you? It’s a book filled with promises, examples, and love straight from our heavenly Father to you. Another good way to understand God’s plan is to surround yourself with Godly people. When the people around you are actively seeking God, it will inspire you to do the same. Plus the advice that they give you will most likely be wise. Lastly, don’t forget to cover these big decisions about future and life purpose with prayer.

The future is an exhilarating time and I am excited for all of the seniors reading this right now. To all you seniors I want to say two things. First off, CONGRATULATIONS! You made it! I’m sure that God is going to do great things through you. And secondly, remember to stay close to and completely lean on Him who loved you first.

Prayer:
Dear Jesus, I pray that I would lean completely on You during these uncertain times. I pray that I will run into Your arms with every decision I make. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Welcome to College: A Christ-Follower’s Guide for the Journey by Jonathan Morrow

Talk About It:
What do you envision your future looking like?

Live It:
Spend extra time this week praying about your future and the ways that God will use you. Also spend some time reading Jeremiah, which is a super encouraging book all about the future and relying on God.

Power Verses:
Jeremiah 1:5, “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born I set you apart...” (NIV)

Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (NIV)

© 2010 by Amber Timmerman. All rights reserved.

Labels: , ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Matty said...

Thank you so much for posting this. I am, obviously, a graduate. And lately I've been feeling very overwhelmed with the decisions I have to make. Because the decisions I'm making are going to impact what happens during the rest of my life...and that's a scary thought because I'm just a teenager who doesn't have a lot of wisdom.

It's so wonderful to be reminded that God is totally in control of my life, and is directing every single step I take!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....what if you're not a senior? haha

Anonymous Amber said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the blog Matty! I will be praying that you feel less overwhelmed. God really is in control and directing your every step. He loves you so much.

Anonymous Gram said...

Amber, you have a real gift in relating to your age-mates. The Bible verses you picked to accompany your article are just perfect. It makes me proud to have such a wonderful grand-daughter.

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits