"God is Not My Copilot"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



By: Daniel Darling
Author, Speaker, and Pastor

“In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.” Proverbs 3:6 (ESV)


I don’t put them on my car, but I enjoy reading bumper stickers. My new neighbor has one that reads–in big, bold print–“God Loves You,” but in tiny print reads, “everyone else thinks you’re a jerk!” I’m still laughing at that one.


One I see a lot has me puzzled. It reads, “God is my copilot.” Sounds good, but is that a good way to live? I’m not sure God is interested in being the copilot of your life. He’d rather be your pilot.


In fact, when we take our hands off the steering wheel and slide out of the driver’s seat, we give God the freedom to steer us in the way that He knows is best for us.


Today, the words of Solomon, the wisest young man who ever lived, ring true, “In all your ways acknowledge God, and he will make straight your paths.”


What does it mean to acknowledge God? It’s making a vow that you will consider God in every single choice you make. What does God think about my boyfriend or girlfriend? What does god think about the college I’m considering? What does God think about this new job?


I must admit, this is an easy thing to write, but a hard thing to do. Opening up your life to the lordship of Christ swims against the tide. It might not make you popular.


But you’ll go through life with wisdom others don’t have, and you’ll avoid the pitfalls of a life without God’s guidance.


Maybe we should put that on a bumper sticker.


Bottom Line:
God wants to be involved in every choice you make.


Own It:
Take a sheet of paper and write down some of your most important choices. Each day this week, pray over one particular choice, asking God to reveal His will in that area.


Power Prayer:
Dear God, I’m often tempted to do things my way, but I know Your way is best. I surrender my choices to You. Please show me Your will in the choices I make.



You can find this and many more devotions in Daniel Darling’s new book,

Crash Course: Forming a Faith Foundation for Life.


Used by permission. Crash Course: Forming a Faith Foundation for Life © 2010 by Daniel Darling (New Hope Publishers) www.newhopepublishers.com.


Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits