"Others"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



By: Carolina McCurdy

"Bear with each other and forgive the grievances you have against one another. Forgive as the Father forgave you.” Colossians 3:13 (NIV)


I can be very very selfish! What's new? I'm human and all of us can say the same about ourselves!


But I say this now because God has really been opening my eyes to others. Loving them, forgiving them, leading them, listening to them, and just being with them. The more time I spend around others and the more I pray for the things going on in their lives, the more I find how selfish I am.


It's almost like the saying, "the closer you get to God, the further away you realize you are."


Sometimes I find myself praying, "God help so and so out during this time so we can get back to being friends." Or maybe, "God make this person love you more so they can love me more."


It all goes back to me.


I want to pray unselfishly. When I pray unselfishly God has more room to work. I'm taking me out of the equation not worried about whether I keep or lose a friend and let Him do what needs to be done in their life and in mine. The times I have prayed unselfishly, I find myself able to love them more and forgive them more easily if they offend me.


It's something I need to work on. It doesn’t happen every day, but slowly it’s happening more and more.


Prayer:

Lord, please help me to pray for and love others unselfishly. You know my tendency to think about myself. Help me to be more concerned for others and their best interests than mine. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


Resources:

A Young Woman’s Walk with God: Growing More Like Jesus by Elizabeth George


Live It:

Take two minutes each day this coming week to pray unselfishly for one person. Pray for what’s best for them without thinking or praying about how you might benefit from God answering your prayers. Then ask God how you might be a blessing to that person. If your mind gets stuck on yourself in this process, ask God to move you past yourself so you can fully focus on the other person.


Talk About It:

What helps you be more focused on others than yourself? Share your tips to help other readers by leaving a comment below.


Power Verse:

Romans 12:10, “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.” (NLT)


© 2010 by Carolina McCurdy. All rights reserved.


Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits