"A Strong Bond"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Amber Timmerman

"Listen my son to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching." Proverbs 1:8 (NIV)


I can’t remember a time when Kelly hasn't been in my life. She has been one of my best friends, since well, forever. When I was deciding which college to apply to, Kelly was right there with input. When I have something on my mind, she is always ready with a listening ear. When I have exciting news to share, Kelly celebrates with me, and when I was getting over a breakup she cried with me. The world knows her as Kelly, but I know her as mom.

I can't say enough good things about our relationship but it doesn't come without a lot of work. When girls that I know are surprised at how close I am to my mom, the question they often ask is, "How can you talk to your mom about what is really going on in your life?" and my answer is “Your mom was placed in your life for that very purpose.”

Who better to ask for advice? Your mom has been through everything that you are going through and she has wisdom to share from the other side. Your mom is one of the best people to ask for advice because of all her life experiences and the fact that she wants the very best for you. God knew what he was doing when he placed you in your family and the special bond that God created between mothers and daughters is something to be celebrated.

I would encourage each one of you to have a heart to heart with your mom tonight. If you already have a great relationship with your mom, I would suggest praying together about continuing to have a strong relationship. If your relationship with your mom isn't as great as it can be, have a conversation on ways you both feel you will improve the relationship. On this Mothers’ Day, whether you already have a great relationship or not, thank God for giving you someone like your mom and make sure she knows how much you appreciate her. On that note I'm going to go hug my Mom. I suggest you do the same. :)

Prayer:
Dear Jesus, I pray You will strengthen my relationship with my mom so it brings You glory. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Resources:
Wisdom on Getting Along with Parents by Mark Matlock

Come back tomorrow and check out Lynn’s article.

Talk About It:
What is standing between you and your mom having a great relationship?

Live It:
Schedule some time in the next week for a heart to heart with your mom.

Power Verse:
Isaiah 66:13, "As a mother comforts her child, so I will comfort you." (NIV)

© 2010 by Amber Timmerman. All rights reserved.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits