"Trust Me"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Autumn Sisk


“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28 (NIV)


This verse is one of my favorite. Every time I hear it, I am reminded of how God takes even our bad times in life and turns them into something good.

When I look back on my life, each time something happened to me that I thought was horrible, like breaking up with a boyfriend I liked or not getting that tennis scholarship to my first choice college, I thought God had really messed things up for me and things would never be good again. But each time one of these things happened, I would grow and become stronger in my faith. I would eventually get over it, and then when I thought about it, I would realize that God had turned something traumatic into something great.

Sometimes, even now and even though I know God has it all under control, I still question His ways. I guess that is human nature. I have to remember that He's never let me down and never will. Things ALWAYS end up the way God plans for us, if we let Him guide us. The funny thing is that not only do things end up working out; they fall into place in a way we never could have imagined.

By the way, my “back-up” college ended up being the greatest experience of my life. I absolutely loved it. I met my best friend there and many other people who impacted my life tremendously. I was able to play tennis on the team and set a few school records, while receiving numerous awards for leadership. I stayed in my college town after I graduated and taught kids tennis. I even met my husband at the tennis club where I work.

You see, God knew all along what school I was supposed to attend. He knew who else would be there and made divine appointments for us to meet and become friends. He even orchestrated my job after college.

God has a plan for everything in our lives, down to the tiniest detail.

Sometimes the road may seem a bit curvy and bumpy, slowing us down and even causing flat tires. Ultimately, though, we will pass many things on our path that God has placed there for us to enjoy and learn from.

Even when a seemingly devastating problem arises, keep the faith. God knows where you're headed, and He's driving the car- so you will get there. You may not realize it until much later, but His path is much better than the path you would have chosen for yourself.

I'm still learning that, but it is cool to look back and see where God has taken me so far. I can't wait to see what He has in store next!

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, thank You for the promise that You give me in this passage of Scripture. Thank You for showing me the light at the end of the tunnel when things seem to be so bad. Help me to always remember this verse - especially when things are not going the way I want them to go. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Resources:
The Principle of the Path by Andy Stanley

Live It:
If you are experiencing a time of doubt in God's plan for your life, stop and pray to Him. Ask Him to strengthen your faith in His divine plan for your life.

Talk About It:
Think of a time when you thought things would never be good again.
Did you realize later that God had it all worked out for His good?

Power Verses:
Isaiah 48:17, “… I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.” (NIV)

Jeremiah 17:7-8, “But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” (NIV)

© 2010 by Autumn Sisk. All rights reserved.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits