College Plans & Advice from Carolina, Emily & Amber

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

This week on Rad Rev is all about preparing for college.
For those of you who aren't at this stage yet, still read on! You will hear about experiences that you will one day have and you'll hear words of wisdom and encouragement that are relevant to your life right now.


Yesterday, Daniel talked about how God wants to be involved in every choice we make. Today,
a few of our Rad Rev writers who are seniors talk about their next steps after high school and how God is involved in their plans. Listen to what they have in store for this fall…


What are your plans for after graduation? What are you most looking forward to? What’s the scariest part?


Carolina
I am going to Christ for the Nations Institute (CFNI) this fall. My first and second year will be about studying the basics of our Faith, Biblical history, personal growth, etc. My third year I want to go to the School of Worship to train to be a worship leader!I am most looking forward to meeting people and going to visit their families. I made some friends on a campus visit and we decided it would be fun! Of course I'm also looking forward to going as deep with God as possible in the next three years. I couldn't choose just one! :)The scariest part is the transition and uncertainty. I just changed jobs and this one will only last through summer (so I will have to change again!), I will be moving out of my house, and I will paying for school myself without any Federal aid available. I know this is where God has called me, but I admit to being almost as scared as I am excited!


Emily
In the fall, I will be going to the University of South Carolina to study international business at the honors program there. Going to USC has been one of my dreams, so I’m really excited!


I’m most looking forward to meeting my new roommate. We have talked over the phone many times and emailed back and forth for several weeks now, and I have been excited to find that we share a lot in common. My roommate is a strong Christian as well, so I am very excited to get to know her better.


The scariest part about starting college is that it is hard to know what to expect at first. It’s like stepping into a new season of life- exciting, but at sometimes a little frightening.


Amber
Wow, I can't believe I graduated this past weekend! I've been looking forward to this day for so long and now that it is finally here, it is really surreal. I'll be heading up to Liberty University in the fall. I visited Liberty as a junior and I really fell in love with the campus, the setting and most of all the people. I'm looking forward to seeing where God leads me in my studies. I'm going into college with absolutely no idea what my major will be. I'm as undecided as undecided can be. God has granted me peace about not knowing what my major in college will be for which I am extremely grateful. I am that girl who loves to have everything planned out, I feel like God is teaching me to really trust in Him and believe that He has everything under control. I'm learning that His timing is perfect. Jeremiah 17:7 has been incredibly helpful and it says, "But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him."


The scariest part about leaving home and going to Liberty is leaving my friends and family. I'm going to miss everyone at home. I'm so happy and grateful for the use of technology (skype, facebook, texting, even snail mail) to help me keep in touch.




+ + +


For those of you who are not going to college yet, we also asked them what one piece of advice or encouragement they would give to you. We hope you’re inspired and encouraged by their words of wisdom…


What is one word of encouragement or advice you would offer to other girls who will one day be where you’re at?


Carolina
Surrender!! I can't begin to tell you the things God has done in my life since I totally gave Him control! Yes my plans changed, but He has reminded me of the deepest and most well hidden dream of my life and is leading me right to it! It has brought me to my knees and humbled me in the wildest ways! Surrendered to God is the only way to really live life, and be amazed!





Emily
Start praying for college and your future roommate now, even if you have a couple of years left before heading off to college. The Lord wants to give you the very best for this exciting season of your life, but you have to ask him. Also, don’t worry about college. Start learning how to trust in the Lord now in the little things of life, so that the Lord can build your muscles of faith and so that, one day, when you head off to college, your faith will be so strong that nothing will be able to shake you.


Amber
One piece of advice I'd give to girls who will be a senior and a graduate in the future is to truly treasure your last few months in high school and at home. Don't rush through them and miss the beauty in the daily life just because you are excited for college. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven."





Labels:



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the words of wisdom! Congratulations!

Blessings,
Yvonne

Blogger Rachelle (Rose) said...

Girls, I really enjoyed reading this post. I am also a graduate (go, class of twenty-ten!) and have my ceremony this Saturday. I was incredibly encouraged by what ya'll said. I wish each of you all the best! So pleased each one of you is trusting God for your future, I pray I hold to this same standard as I too go off to college! Blessings!

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits