Life Lessons from College

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

Today, members of our Rad Rev team share the life lessons they learned in college.


My biggest life lesson after two years of college is God and his grace are sufficient! When mom and dad are away, your old friends are back in your home town, and your comfort zone is no more you learn to rely on God. He's the only one that has been in all areas of your life and heart. Whenever the easy or hard parts of college roll your way know God is in the midst. Create that relationship, believe in his grace, and love the story he is creating for you. Best of luck ladies. In His Name.

~Yvonne Mendoza


~~~

The biggest life lesson I learned in college was not to grow up too fast. Do enjoy yourself and have godly fun during this time of your life. You can travel, explore missions, and discover who God wants you to be in the future without the pressure of life outside of college.

~Angela Parsley


~~~

As much as I loved my four years in college, starting out was a difficult transition. It was hard being away from my family and I hated leaving all of my friends from home. Then there was the whole question of what classes to take and what I wanted to major in—you mean I actually have to study here? For me, so much of high school was spent working hard to get into college, that a part of me forgot that once I finally got there, I had to work hard and study in college as well.

A month into my freshman year of college, I remember one day sitting alone in my dorm room feeling lonely and overwhelmed. I was praying and reading the Bible and I stumbled upon Isaiah 42:16 that says,

“I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.”

Tears filled my eyes as I realized that through all the change, I was not alone. It was such an encouragement for me to know that even though I didn’t know where I was going, God was with me—leading me, guiding me, shining a light, and making the rough places smooth.

For the next four years, I clung to that verse as a reminder of God’s promise that He was with me, leading me where I needed to be. As time went on, He led me to some incredible friends, He helped me figure out a major, and He was faithful to comfort me and restore me when my heart was broken.

College is marked with change, new decisions, new relationships, and growing up, but in the midst of all of the transitions that I faced, it was so nice to know that I was never alone. Even when the road is unfamiliar and new, our God knows the way and He promises to lead us.

~Elizabeth R. Williams

~~~

I just can’t come up with an answer for this one really! Most lessons that I learned, that I know now, were due to mistakes I made while in college, making poor choices, walking away from God, not going to church, not focusing on school work but spending most of time socializing and having fun…. From those mistakes, I learned life lessons down the road, and how God calls us to a different lifestyle than that –but during college, I seemed to be clueless until about my last year.

~Tracie Miles

~~~

I remember my first day of college and putting together my dorm room. I felt like such a hick. I had planned well and shopped for everything on my dorm checklist, but I quickly realized I was out of my league. Girls that came from big cities were already talking about how many college credits they had earned in high school. Coming from a small farm town, there were no AP college credits for me. They all had beautiful clothes, fashionable styles and artfully put together rooms that looked like they came from Pottery Barn. I had collapsible crates from Wal Mart. That first semester I felt so insecure and ashamed of how I looked, where I came from and wondering if I really even belonged there. I barely made passing grades.

About that time, I started finding my place. I found a group of friends who were fun … and showed me how to survive in a supportive way at college. We were like a little family who played flag football, water polo and spring baseball. We ate meals together and kept up on each other’s grades, family situations and health problems. Since a few friends were a year older, I could ask them small things like how to register for next semester, where do I pay a parking ticket and so on.

After awhile, I realized how unique I was and how God had placed me in this small family of men and women to show me that we are all gifted, and all an important part of the body of Christ. More than anything I was most grateful that I had found a group of friends who were talented, smart, encouraging and brought out the very best in me. I loved having my small family of friends to count on. I too was a beautiful part of the body of Christ.

~Cara McLauchlan



~~~


Dear ladies, college is a unique time in your lives. You’re stretching your wings of freedom more than ever before, so beware of the traps ahead. God has given you treasures that you must guard. He has given you purity of mind, heart, and body. Don’t throw any of these away. Guard your mind daily by spending time with the Lord in prayer and in His Word. Don’t forget that it is better to be ridiculed for your purity than praised for impurity because we know that impurity produces emptiness.

My second semester of college, I fell hard into an eating disorder. It’s been a struggle to regain my footing, but the Lord renews me daily. My caution to each of you dear ones is to never neglect your time with the Lord! Daily renewal is so important. And find a good Christian group of friends who can uplift and encourage you to righteousness. It doesn’t have to be a group on your college campus; it could be a local church’s College and Young Professionals group, but I can’t stress enough the power of finding accountability and love through a Christian group of friends.

Know above all, that God will be with you through each step! He goes before you to guide, beside you to comfort, and behind you to protect. Trust Him, and listen to Him! He loves you beyond all measure!

~Elizabeth Marie Rollins





Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits