"Our Wounds, Another's Healing"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Elizabeth Marie Rollins

“I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.” Romans 8:18 (NIV)


So many times, I find myself in the middle of circumstances where I say, “I can’t go on one more step.” It’s true! I can’t go on in my human strength, but then the Lord reminds me that I am supposed to rely on His strength.


Sometimes I don’t feel life is fair. It’s not! I don’t understand the reasons I’ve been placed in choppier seas than others, but over the years of struggling with life’s unfairness, the Lord reminds me that He allows circumstances in life to shape us.


When I realize my weakness, that’s right where He wants me because my weakness is His strength. The things I would never be able to accomplish in my humanness are easy for an Almighty God.


Even the wounds in my heart work according to God’s purpose. My wounds are someone else’s healing. The Lord knows that the greatest ministry to a hurting world is someone who knows and understands their pain, who can cry with them and then pray with them. If God does not deliver me from a tribulation, then I can rest assured that He is shaping me into a plan of deliverance for others who may be going through the same pain. Those who have suffered abuse become instruments of healing for other abuse victims. Those who have battled addictions become a light to others fighting a similar addiction. Those who traveled through an eating disorder become mentors for others who wander down that path.


God wants to fill you so you can overflow into others. Let Him take your wounds and heal them so you can help bring healing to others.


Oh Lord, You allow my daily circumstances not only to produce patience and a deeper reliance on You, but also to be part of Your healing for others. Show me today, Lord, who You have placed in my life for me to minister Your love and healing to. Let the words from my mouth be guided by Your Spirit. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


GO DEEPER:

Ponder: Romans 5:3, “Moreover [let us also be full of joy now!] let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance.” (Amplified)


Apply: Ask God to reveal the trials He has brought you through that He wants you to use to His glory in delivering others. Pray that God reveals the person He wants you to minister to and in His timing.


Read:
Life Style: Radical Perspectives from Radical Women in the Bible by Whitney Prosperi


Listen: “Before the Morning” by Josh Wilson


Share: What circumstances have you battled that God can use as a ministry to others?



© 2010 by Elizabeth Marie Rollins. All rights reserved.
www.radrevolution.org
A Division of
Proverbs 31 Ministries

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits