"Rest With No Regrets"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Kristen Sigmon

“Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.” Mark 6:31 (NIV)

Life is too busy. Won’t you agree? There’s constantly something to do – chores, school, extracurricular activities, work, church.


Do you ever feel like it’s too much? I do. I have a feeling I’m not the only one.


If you are constantly on-the-go without taking time for yourself and with God, you’ll eventually crash and burn.


My crash and burn recently came in the form of two colds within 30 days. The first lasted a week. The second lasted two weeks! I had to get antibiotics to kick it. Yuck. TWO summer colds! That’s not even to mention my sporadic emotional breakdowns!! Fun!


Why am I telling you this?


Because I don’t want you to end up like I did.


I know some of you. Your plate is sooooooo full of commitments and obligations on top of your jam-packed social life. When do you take time to rest? Where do you fit God into it all? Do you fit God in?


My mistake numero uno: I pushed God and rest down on my priority list because I had so many other things I “had to” take care of. I thought I could finish all my “to do’s” and then rest with God. Wrong.


God designed us to rest first, then work. When we rest first, then we find that not only do we have more energy to complete our tasks but we also are able to see His priorities, and our tasks take less time and effort to complete. That means more time to enjoy life!


Resting does not mean just spending time praying, reading the Bible or sleeping. These things are important to spiritual and physical health. Rest can also be enjoying nature; spending time with friends and family; doing something super fun; you name it.


I encourage you to take advantage of your summer. Do something fun you haven’t done in a while. Try something new. Spend extra time with God. Do a Bible study with a group of girls from school. Do something nice for someone … just because. Laugh hard at silly jokes. Dream big dreams.


Don’t let life pass you by because you’ve got a million responsibilities. Instead, live each day to the fullest so you can look back without any regrets!


Father God, Help me to rest with You in the ways I need to. Help me put You first in my life. Help me to have fun and enjoy life and to live without any regrets. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


GO DEEPER:

Ponder: Luke 10:39-42, “… Mary … sat at the Lord's feet listening to what He said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to Him and asked, ‘Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!’ ‘Martha, Martha,’ the Lord answered, ‘you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.’" (NIV)


Apply: Sneak in at least one activity a day to rest and enjoy life, even if it’s only a two minute activity.


Read:
God Girl: Becoming the Woman You’re Meant to Be by Hayley DiMarco


Share: Have ideas of things other readers can do to relax and have fun this summer? Leave a comment and share what you’re doing!


© 2010 by Kristen Sigmon. All rights reserved.
www.radrevolution.org

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits