"Surrender"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Rachelle Rea

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)

I have had many dreams for my life. When I was six, I told everyone I wanted to be a singer when I grew up. Then during middle school, I wanted nothing more than to be a wife and mother. When I began to plan for college, a career as an eye doctor began to appeal to me.

My dreams changed, but they were always my dreams.

As I grew closer to Jesus Christ, I realized that the Lord wants to orchestrate His plan for me.

There was one problem, though, when I realized just what God’s plan for me was. His dream was a lot bigger (and scarier) than mine!

“What to do?” I asked myself. ”Go down the safe and easy road? Or surrender my dreams (and my fears!) and follow the Lord?”

I found the answer in Hannah’s story.

Hannah knew what it meant to dream. She dreamed of being a mother. God dreamed of her being the mother of the great prophet, Samuel. When Hannah had a son, she surrendered her dream –her son – to the Lord.

Like Hannah, I decided to surrender my dreams for God’s. I’m still scared sometimes when I look too far ahead but when I look to Jesus, I cannot be afraid, I can only obey.

Perhaps you have a dream you cherish, and your plan for success all mapped out. Is God calling you to surrender your dream to Him, for something far better that He has in mind?

Maybe your life goals are yet undetermined. You haven’t decided on a college, a career, or anything else. Do you hear the Lord whispering to your heart, calling you to discover the awesome plan He has for you?

I know that the life story God writes for you and I will be so much better than anything we could ever dream of on our own. I am sure Hannah would agree. After all, after Hannah surrendered little Samuel, God gave her, the once-barren woman, five more children!

Dear God, what You did with Hannah’s surrender has inspired me today to do the same. Take my life. I lay myself at Your feet and pray You would have Your way with me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

GO DEEPER:

Ponder: Jeremiah 29:11, “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” (NIV)

Apply: Write down a prayer to God in which you surrender your dreams for your life and embrace His. Whenever you feel tempted to worry about where your life is taking you or doubt whether or not God has a good plan for you, pull out your letter, reread it, and rededicate your life to the Lord.

Read: Totally God’s 4 Life: A Devotional by Megan Clinton

Share: What are some dreams you had during childhood about what you would like to be or do when you grew up? What are some dreams you think God may have for you?

© 2010 by Rachelle Rea. All rights reserved.

www.radrevolution.org

A Division of Proverbs 31 Ministries

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is very inspirational.

Blogger Rachelle (Rose) said...

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits