"Walls Can Fall"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Audrey B.

“Now Jericho was tightly shut up because of the Israelites. No one went out and no one came in … When you hear them sound a long blast on the trumpets, have all the people give a loud shout; then the wall of the city will collapse and the people will go up, every man straight in." Joshua 6:1; 5 (NIV)


What do walls do? Protect. That’s their job. The walls of our homes protect us from snow, rain, and wind. The walls of a store “protect” goods inside. The Great Wall of China kept invaders out which kept citizens guess what, protected!


We girls build a fair amount of walls ourselves, but if walls protect, doesn’t that make them good? Not always.


My family moves a lot, pretty much every year. As soon as I make friends it’s, “See ya later!”


Have you heard the saying, “People who don’t know me think I’m quiet; people who do wish I was”? That so fits me, and that quiet part has always been a problem. A lot of people don’t get past that first quiet impression, making the few that do very special. Unfortunately, as soon as I come to really know these few, I have to leave. In the past, I have been so hurt, so upset, so broken by this that I built a wall.


No one came in and I mean no one! Not even people who care about me most, like my mom. I wanted to protect myself. Whenever I became upset, mad or confused, all those emotions got bundled up inside.


I became lonely, irritable, depressed, insecure, just dying for somebody to get past that quiet part! But at least I wasn’t having my heart ripped out by another move. How could I? I blocked everyone out!


I’m happy to say that a few months ago, with God’s help, I broke down that wall!


Can you relate? Are you experiencing being blocked in by a wall? Don’t worry, there is hope; you CAN break down that wall. But only with God’s help. It’s just too big of task to do on your own! Thankfully, there is nothing too big for God. The impossible becomes possible with God!


Get that wall down as soon as possible! The longer it’s up the more damage it will do and the more pieces God will have to pick up. Have a talk with God the Almighty and ask Him to help you!


Dear Lord, would You show me where I have put up walls and blocked You and others out? Help me to trust You to not only take down my walls but also to protect me in the shelter of Your wings. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


GO DEEPER:

Ponder: John 10:10, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” (NASB)


Apply: Read these Scriptures to help equip you to begin tearing down your wall: James 1:2-4, Joshua 1:9 and Jeremiah 29:11. Ask God to show you what Your life would look like without walls. Then, ask Him to help you remove your walls.


Read:
Totally God’s for Life: Every Girl’s Guide to Faith, Friends and Family (BTW Guys 2) by Megan Clinton with her dad, Dr. Tim Clinton


Share: What is one thing that has helped you to remove your walls?


© 2010 by Audrey B. All rights reserved.
www.radrevolution.org
A Division of Proverbs 31 Ministries

Labels: , ,



5 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle (Rose) said...

I wrote about Jericho recently, too!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. that really encouraged me not to put up walls. my family is moving from tyler,TX to louisville,KY so my dad can go to seminary. that phrase fits me to a tee,too!

Anonymous Audrey B. said...

Im so Glad that my story had touched someone else. God has a reason for sending you to KY, you will be used there to show others Gods love. Gods plan is always greater than our own!

Anonymous Jessica said...

hi! its me again, that anonymous person from the previous comment. my family has been in kentucky 1 year today, and i am SO glad i didnt put up walls! we have settled in nicely to an awesome church, and i now have several amazing friends. i can see now how God used what looked like a curse to bring GINORMOUS blessing! thankyou so much for that encouragement, because if i had put up walls, i might still be behind one. thankyou thankyou thankyou! :)

Blogger Lynn Cowell said...

Jessica,

I absolutely love how God worked this in your life! Isn't He just so faithful...even when we have no idea what He is doing?!

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits