"Climb Up in His Lap"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



“... Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure, in Him, for He shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between His shoulders.” Deuteronomy 33:12 (NIV)


I thought I lost it! One of the most important things on this planet to me! A very delicate necklace that was given to me for a special occasion. I looked on my necklace rack. Not there. Unpacked a bag from my last trip. Not there. Was it stolen from our hotel room? No, out of fear of losing it, I had purposely left it at home! I pulled out all my earrings. Not there. I was trying hard not to panic. But I could never replace it! I prayed. Even though it was an earthly possession, I knew Jesus still cared about it.


Go back and check again, I thought. There, hidden behind a very bulky set of beads, I caught a twinkle. My jewel!


Some days, I feel like I have lost things much greater to me than my pendant. My father who went to be home with Jesus. Friendships from my old town. Times when life was more simple and I had no stress. I miss all these things.


Do you have days when you feel the loss of something important to you? A friend who moved away? A boyfriend who broke up with you? A grandparent who passed away? A time when your parents were still together?


The writer of Psalm 73 did. In verse 2 he says, “… My feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold.” He struggles, watching those around him who seem to have it all together. Then in verse 23 he comes back around to the truth about God: “Yet I am always with You; You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” Essentially he says, “I almost lost it! But then I remembered who I am; like a child with his father, You take my hand. I remembered who You are. You are all I need.” He laid aside his pain as God’s strength came in with comfort and strength. Fear and frustration became faith.


Maybe you have experienced a loss. Or maybe like my delicate necklace behind the hefty beads, you‘re stuck, surrounded and covered by bigger-than-life things. You might simply be looking in the wrong place for hope or something may be blocking you from having hope, like fear.


Breathe deeply and rest. Deuteronomy 33:12 says to rest between God’s shoulders. You know, that’s where God’s heart is! A place of peace, warmth and love. He wants to pull you into His lap so you can find the rest and peace you need for today.


Dear Lord, Sometimes my sense of loss threatens to overtake me and I feel like I can hardly breathe. Other days, it is simply a dull ache. Today, Lord, I choose to take Your hand and lean against Your heart and find comfort in You today. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


GO DEEPER:


Ponder: Psalm 27:13-14, “I'm sure now I'll see God's goodness in the exuberant earth. Stay with God! Take heart. Don't quit. I'll say it again: Stay with God.” (Message)


Apply: There are many, many others that have a huge sense of loss in their life, many that you know have turned to cutting, drugs, sex or drinking to help numb that pain. Who in your world today can you say a kind word to, just to let them know that one other person on this planet cares?


Read:
Holding His Hand: A Devotional for Teen Girls by Beka Dewitt


Share: What loss have you experienced in your life? How can you crawl up into God’s lap so that He can comfort you? Pray? Cry? Sing?


© 2010 by Lynn Cowell. All rights reserved.





Lynn Cowell lives in Charlotte, NC with her family. They enjoy hiking, football, rugby, white water rafting, fast pitch softball and music.


Lynn loves hanging out with girls and challenging them to run hard after Jesus; to discover Him as the purest lover of their heart and to find that He completely fills every corner and every desire. He alone.


For more from Lynn, visit her blog at
www.heisthatintoyou.com.





Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA!! Why does everyone live in North Carolina?! hahaha

Anonymous Kristen@RadicalRevolution said...

Our ministry is based out of North Carolina...that's why so many of us are from or live in North Carolina. :)

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits