"Plucked"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.





By: Rachelle Rea



“And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.” John 10:8-29 (KJV)




“Bloom where you’re planted,” I reminded myself.




The problem was, I didn’t feel planted that day at all. I felt just the opposite, in fact.




I was staring at the rose sitting in a vase on my kitchen counter. I felt like I could empathize with the fragile flower. Like that rose, I felt cruelly plucked from my roots, my comfort zone. My world seemed to be crumbling all around me. I felt as if I had been left alone and helpless in an unfamiliar place. Do you know the feeling? Can you remember a time when you felt stripped of all you knew and loved, all you thought you could count on?


Are you looking down and around right now, anywhere but at my words, because you have no desire to read on and relive those painful moments, weeks, or months?




Stay with me, I do have good news!




That afternoon, I took a power walk and admired the abundance of flowers blooming in my neighborhood. They seemed perfectly content where they were planted. They were just bursting with beauty! ‘Why can’t I be like that?’ I thought. ‘Why can’t I bless my world with beauty instead of feeling so abandoned, lost, and hopeless?’ Have you ever asked yourself the same questions?




I have some good news for those who wonder, as I once did, whether or not they have been plucked from their roots.


You can never be plucked away from God!




That’s right! Jesus said, “No man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.” Nothing and no one can ever pluck you out of His hand or separate you from His love!




As children of God, we are “rooted in Him” (Colossians 2:7). Grow your roots deep into Christ and know that nothing can ever “pluck” you away from God, regardless of the way you feel or what your situation may be.
>


Lord, please help me to realize that nothing and no one can take me away from You. Help me to rest in Your presence now. Grow my roots deep into You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.




GO DEEPER:



Ponder: Romans 8:38-39, “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (NIV)




Apply: Today keep your eyes open (and a prayer in your heart) to notice someone who may feel abandoned, unloved, or “plucked.” Encourage them with these truths from God’s Word.




Read:Life Style: Real Perspectives from Radical Women in the Bible by Whitney Prosperi



Share: Have you ever felt “plucked” or separated from God’s love? How did you grow your roots even deeper into Christ during that time?




© 2010 by Rachelle Rea. All rights reserved.




Rachelle Rea is a college freshman. She coaches gymnastics at her local YMCA and her favorite food is brownies. She loves blogging, walking and hanging out with friends. One thing that she loves about her life is the fact that God loves her despite how often she messes up. Her favorite verse is Ephesians 3:20 because through that verse God encourages her to dream big because He dreams big!






www.radrevolution.org
A Division of Proverbs 31 Ministries

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Rachelle (Rose) said...

Visit me at my blog, girls, at Rosesdaringadventure.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits